Mercure Mechelen Ve(Mechelen)(Great Value!)
$96
$107
  • Breakfast included
$105
$72
Novotel Mechelen Centrum(Mechelen)(Great Value!)
$113
$122
$64
Hostelworld.com
1,119 results
All reviewsold churchstained glassconverted churchunique hotelper nighta special placebeautiful roommain buildingarchitectural elementshotel builtlots of characterbreakfast roommodern facilitiesbusiness meetingcomfortable bedparking garagean upgrade
Reviewed September 1, 2012

This hotel is a once in a lifetime experience, set in an 19th century church. We stayed at the 4th floor directly below a stain glass window with an angel looking down on us - great experience!
The room was quite small - cramped somehow with little room for our luggage but everything was very quiet and relaxing. Apart from this the hotel was very disappointing. Although the price of the room was decent, everything else was close to extorsion. 3 EUR for a coffee in the room, 25 EUR for parking per night, 15 EUR for WIFI per night, 25 EUR per person for breakfast a day is un-reasonable compared to similar and even to much higher-class hotels.
We loved the angel but will NEVER come back.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SorenLotte
Reviewed March 29, 2012

If we were not told that this hotel would be very unique..... We would have told the taxi driver that he had brought us to the wrong place..... An old church was rebuilt into a modern hotel. The atmosphere is very special and the rooms are spacy and well equipped. The hotel personnel was very friendly and we enjoyed the stay.

Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank 69ozzy
Reviewed March 24, 2012

Mechelem is about 30 minutes from Brussels Airport and a great alternative if Brussels is busy. Hotel is on a small street and GPS doesn't work too well around Mechelen's roadworks. Recommend you print out a map if driving. I stayed in one of their "Cosy" rooms in the newer building but wish I had paid extra and got one in the older church. Don't get me wrong, the "Cosy" room was great, but it could have been anywhere - the church rooms look spectacular with old features and stained glass windows. Hotel has been very tastefully done with lots of architectural features retained. Breakfast very good. Parking limited and €25 a night. Eat out at one of the numerous restaurants just across the canal and try a beer at Den Stillen Genieter.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank N_McL
Reviewed March 9, 2012

This may indeed be an "Excellent" location, but my stay was not long enough to experience enough to judge it so. It is not an easy place to find in Mechelen, but once you arrive, it is a very unique property. The building is a church transformed into a hotel and they have taken great measure to maintain the cathedral feel to the rooms and open space. Very well done. The building layout is a bit disjointed, due I suspect to the foundation of the church structure they had to work with, but it is very nice. Room was small, but adequate. It did have a weight bearing pole right in the middle that was a bit of a distraction, and could be hazardous for any late night foray towards the bathroom! The only significant drawback (for me) was that the ligthing was quite dim. Likely a result of its very "green" approach. The only decent reading lamp was at the desk. Overall, a very impressive, but brief stay. I will be back!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank GSquared
Reviewed March 4, 2012

You cannot fail to be impressed when you arrive. The hotel is very stylish, both public rooms & certainly the bedroom I had was impressive, however there were a few things which I felt let it down & reduced my overall rating. For a hotel with a rack rate of €328 for the room I had, I expect the bathroom to reflect luxury - the whirlpool bath was a nice touch, but the bathroom was very small, compared with the room size, and I do expect luxury towels, not hard, thin ones - a major disappointment - and I expect a cosy robe. Also in hotels these days wifi should be included. Martin's have some attractive hotels, but these small touches will put me off paying the premium the design & style command. Breakfast was good, and extensive.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business