Mercure Mechelen Ve(Mechelen)(Great Value!)
$96
$107
  • Breakfast included
$79
$72
Novotel Mechelen Centrum(Mechelen)(Great Value!)
$118
$113
  • Restaurant
VixX Hotel(Mechelen)
$123
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $139/night.

De Groene Maan(Mechelen)
$102
B&B Garden55(Mechelen)
$109
$122
$64
Hostelworld.com
1,117 results
All reviewsold churchstained glassconverted churchunique hotelper nighta special placebeautiful roommain buildingarchitectural elementshotel builtlots of characterbreakfast roommodern facilitiesbusiness meetingcomfortable bedparking garagean upgrade
Reviewed November 1, 2011

A little bit expensive, but its beautifull hotel the old church is wonderfull.
We had a room in the church which was good.
Good breakfast also.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank koenschot
Reviewed September 26, 2011

My wife and I enjoyed this Hotel very much, good location within walking distance of shops, restaurants, especially Den Beer Restaurant in the Main Square. We found the room to be excellent, clean and no problem with towels, staff were okay, great Bar and Breakfast eating room, its a pity that no evening meals are served, overall a very nice and unique hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in an Executive Double Room which was great
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RossLyon
Reviewed September 6, 2011

I had three business trips to Mechelen and stayed at the NH Mechelen first time but after a suggestion from the customer I tried to see if Martin's Patershof was available for my next business trip. After staying there I booked it for this business trip again and my experience with this hotel is that they are probably a notch above the rest of the nearby hotels. This historic building is an old church that they converted to a hotel. There are two primary "portions" of the hotel, the church side and the monastery side. From what I understand not all rooms have large windows, or any windows at all for that matter, however the klooster (monastery) rooms do have windows. The room decor is very nice although I would prefer to have a drawer for clothes I find sufficient space for my luggage.

In terms of amenities they do serve breakfast in the mornings but there is no on-site restaurant in the evening (Not a problem since the hotel is in the walking distance of Korenmarkt, GroteMarkt and Vismarkt for both drinking and eating establishments)
The hotel does offer an ironing board although there isn't one in your room they will gladly bring it up to your room. There's also a small mini-fridge which is stocked with various canned beverages & water. The fridge has sufficient space for drinks you purchase yourself. There's also a coffee maker in each room. The beds are very comfortable and the bathrooms have a full sized bathtub (compared to the US version that you can't really take a bath in)
The hotel offers a parking garage in the adjacent building for 20 Euro a night, bicycle parking is free you just need to ask for the gate code.

The hotel location is excellent as it's located within walking distance near the Vismarkt which has abundant nightlife and is a nice place to socialize. The hotel is also close to Match supermarket if you prefer to buy some snacks and water yourself for reasonable prices.

The front end staff is very friendly and will help you with restaurant suggestions and other questions you may have.

A few minor gripes I've experienced....

One of the rooms located in the Monastery is next to a stairway which is made out of hollow wood and at night it sounds as if someone is beating a drum next to your room.
My other gripe that housekeeping doesn't do the same thing every day. Sometimes they take the towels you plan to use again and they replace them, sometimes they don't. Sometimes they turn off the heater in the bathroom, sometimes they don't. I believe this really depends on the person cleaning your room.
The other one is less of a gripe but more of an observation is that their bar prices are very overpriced compared to everywhere else so I usually walk over to the Vismarkt to have a drink when I want.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank psychephylax
Reviewed August 14, 2011

We (my wife and I) stayed for a weekend in this hotel. However, we had a very dark room. Nice to sleep with the angels (see photo) but in the morning we like to see the sky (only a very small window 30 cm wide). Next morning we found out there were very dirty towels (folded) and at five in the afternoon the room wasn't even cleaned yet! So we had to ask for clean towels again. The light at the washbasin was defect. When we left the hotel we only got a "sorry" at the desk. WIfi? yes for 15 euro a day. I expect free wifi for a hotel like this, with these prices. Mechelen is a nice old town.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view and check your room before accepting!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank alphonsnet
Reviewed July 1, 2011

Generally a good experience. Smooth checkin, Well sized and unique room, with comfortable bed. Good breakfast menu - where you actually eat your breakfast in the old church room. Overall a good and recomendable business hotel centrally located in Mechelen.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business