“Good for lunch”

Ranked #40 of 1,457 Restaurants in Antwerp
Cuisines: Belgian, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: In hartje Antwerpen, gelegen in een historisch pand, vindt u Brasserie Appelmans & Absinthbar terug. Een hippe trendy zaak waar u terecht kan voor zowel een snelle lunch, uitgebreid diner of fijn kan komen genieten van de uitgebreide cocktailkaart in de bar.
Utrecht, The Netherlands
“Good for lunch”
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

The brasserie is situated in the centre of Antwerp. The atmosphere of the brasserie is just perfect. Old but still stylish. Unfortunately we had only time for lunch and not for drinking cocktails at night.

The service is ok with friendly waiters. We had a reservation for a large group so I do not know how the a la carte lunch menu is. But the fixed menu was very tasty.

Visited December 2013

• Polish first
“Nice atmosphere and good food”
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

We came there for a quick lunch, we were really pleased by the cosy atmosphere. Food was good , but nothing exceptionnal neither. A nice moment.

• Visited December 2013
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Great atmosphere and very tasty food”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

My fiancé and I ate here on our one-night visit to Antwerp in October. He chose it as I am vegetarian and there were a few veggie options on the menu. We didn’t have high hopes at first as it does look more like a bar than restaurant, but we were pleasantly surprised!

For starter I had ravioli and he had beef carpaccio, both of which we really enjoyed. My main was a Moroccan vegetable tagine and it was so surprisingly tasty and packed with flavour! My fiancé had the pork which he said was some of the best he’s ever had, perfectly cooked and beautifully served. Really impressive stuff.

The service was excellent too, our waitress had fantastic English and didn’t seem to mind translating for us at all!

We were too full for desert, so moved into the busy bar area for an after dinner cocktail. The bar specialises in absinthe, so when in Rome...! The cocktails were lovely and the bar had a great buzz, even though it was a Wednesday night.

I would definitely go back here if I’m ever in Antwerp again, cool place with great food and service.

Visited October 2013
Utrecht, Utrecht, Netherlands
“Great place”
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Whenever I'm in the great city of Antwerp, I love to go out to Appelmans. Although its a big place, it has a nice atmosphere, good menu and fast service. Make sure to make reservations, as it is usually fully packed.

1 Thank Sander H
Haifa, Israel
“Tasty ”
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Ate as part of a company event. Every dish offered was excellent: soup, capasho, fresh salmon, tuna.

I am stuffed. Satisfied and can recommend this kitchen

Centrally located not far from Hilton and Grotemarket.