“overrated”

Cuisines: French, Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 11, 2013

The food is very good but portions are limited. I would not go there again because I think you pay too much for what you get. Staff is friendly but very much focussed on the sale of drinks and wines. Entrance only by elevator.

2  Thank Retiaria
There are newer reviews for Gran Duca

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I have eaten here many times on business and not once have I been let down, fantastic meals and service Well done!

1  Thank gibbymaster_10
Reviewed August 20, 2013

If this restaurant was located in a big European capital it would be full all the time. The space is great with a view over Antwerp and a cosy terasse. Slightly overpriced and small menu card.

2  Thank Charlotte L
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We had lunch here on the rooftop terrace - which has a very nice view and is very cosy.

The personell is friendly.

The menu is rather limited - but the suggestions of the day are nice.

I had tagliatelle with lobster which was nice, however certainly not the best I have had yet.

If you are visiting Antwerp as a tourist I would recommend this restaurant just for the view.

However, if you want really good Italian food I would recommend I FAMOSI, which is absolutely fantastic!

2  Thank LindseyANTBE
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Our business hosts took us here for dinner one night. We had a set menu since there were about 20 people and it included tuna served raw with fennel and herbs, manicotti with ricotta and spinach, veal with carrots and potatoes, and a fruit tart dessert. Every course was so excellent I ate every molecule of each one. The tuna was the freshest raw tuna I have ever had, the veal was the most tender, and the dessert was the prefect balance of sweetness and tart. They also served a fantastic white and red wine that complimented the various courses.

Oh I almost forgot to mention the view. You are looking out from the top floor of the hotel over the rest of the city. You can have a drink or dine on the patio or in their beautiful dining room.

1  Thank mjlynch