“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of De Godevaart

De Godevaart
Reserve with
De Godevaart is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 1,409 Restaurants in Antwerp
Cuisines: French, Belgian, European
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Belsele, Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

Top service, great food, great people, certainly come again in this fabulous restaurant. No stars but for me they have two

• Visited April 2014

Bedford, United Kingdom
“Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

I have dined at this restaurant a few times now on my visits to Antwerp. Again this time, the experience was absolutely fabulous.

From the moment we came in to the restaurant to the moment we left, everything was perfect.

The waitress asked if we had special dietary needs and some of our dishes were adapted because of this.

We had a rather large lunch earlier that day so we decided to go for the 4 course taster menu.

The amuse-bouches were exquisite, very well presented and packed with flavour. We decided to have a glass of cava as aperitif and they poured a really lovely cava, perfectly chilled.

Our starter was skilfully cooked and well seasoned and the presentation of the dish was like a piece of art.

The main course was full of lovely flavours, perfectly balanced. The wine recommended accompanied the meal very well.

For me, the dessert was the best part of the meal. When the waitress explained what was in the dessert, I thought I would not like it, but it was really fantastic. I must get that recipe :)

After dessert, we decided to order espresso and a pousse-café. The waitress poured the largest amaretto I have ever had, no complaints :). The espresso was accompanied with a lovely selection of little cakes, simply the perfect way to end the meal.

By picking a taster menu, you put your faith in the chef. You will taste dishes you wouldn't usually order and I was pleasantly surprised once again by the skill and creativity of the chef.

One minor niggle, why has the restaurant stopped matching wines to their menu?

All in all the best meal this year for me!

Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Stylish lunch with superb food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

My partner and I ate lunch here just before Easter. The restaurant is a short walk from the main shopping area so we could make a day of it in Antwerp – shopping and a wonderful lunch.
The interior is a wonderful mix of original features – have to mention the black toilet paper!
The presentation of the food is modern and works of art. The most important thing is that the food not only looks wonderful but it tastes wonderful! Everything from the amuses , to the bread and the main courses was not only presented with care but really tasty.
This is a wonderful place for a romantic dinner for 2, a (adult) family celebration or business meeting. We had the 3 course lunch menu – I think we spend around 140 euro for 2 with a very good bottle of wine and a couple of bottles of water. We thought it was worth every euro!
This is definitely a restaurant for fans of fine dining! Worth a detour when in Antwerp.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank GLJDavies
Antwerp, Belgium
“Pure enjoyment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

I have great expectations everytime I visit this restaurant.
I have never been disapointed.

The food was again superb, the service couldn't be much better..

Dave De Belder and his team make every visit a moment of enjoyment. His style is very specific, but he manages to create a great diversity of dishes with magnificent flavours, all well blanced.

The wine? A Château Musart 2005 reasonably priced and a magnificent German Riesling made this evening absolute top.

Another tip? Their house Champagne is more than excelent !

• Visited March 2014
Antwerp, Belgium
“Hmmmmm...........”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

I can't say it wasn't good because it was. The food was well prepared and presented and the timing was impeccable. The taste and textures were well balanced and perfectly seasoned. However, it wasn't the perfect dining experience due to the service. Don't get me wrong the service was very good however it felt like they were trying too hard to get everything right so it ended up being too clinical lacked personality. Would i go back? Off course. A great place like this deserves a second chance.

1 Thank Fajota