“Fresh fish with attention to detail”
Review of Fiskebar

Fiskebar
Ranked #17 of 1,427 Restaurants in Antwerp
Cuisines: Belgian, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Fish and seafood restaurant in a cosy environment. Good atmosphere, multilingual staff. Local seasonal products. Elaborate European wine list.
Kobe, Japan
“Fresh fish with attention to detail”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

My daughter who lives nearby in Antwerp took us for dinner. We live in Japan, a country of fish fanatics, so our expectations for this cuisine may be to a tougher standard? In any case, we were not disappointed. Our starters, fish soup, mussels, cerviche and calamari were a prelude to excellent entrees. Two of us enjoyed a mixed grill (salmon, cod, shrimp, swordfish). My son-in-law indulged in king crab, and my daughter had grilled catfish. Each was well prepared. Our waitress was knowledgeable about the menu and helped choose a wine, offering us samples of several whites after we described our preferences. The portions were ample so there was no room for desert! We were early in the dinner hour so had a quiet corner at the start. But the popularity of Fiskebar was apparent when we left as every seat was occupied.

• Visited November 2013

• Finnish first
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent fish for lunch”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

This restaurant is a very good option if you want good fish in Antwerp, not wanting to spend a fortune. The cafe-like atmosphere makes it more suitable for lunch than dinner, I would assume. The ceviche was excellent, and the mixed grill which was delicious and a lot of food. A wide variety of white wines by the glass. We missed the "frites", though, being in Belgium and all. We'll be back!

• Visited November 2013
Zurenborg, Antwerpen, Belgium
“always very good”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

it is always very good to visit fiskebar, great food and atmosphere
... so good it is hard to find a table ... but when you get one SUPER!!!

• Visited February 2013
United Kingdom
“Yum”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I'm not a big fish lover - I was coaxed here with my sister as it's her birthday. They were really helpful with my questions and suggested I take the Catfish. Everyone was really pleased with their meal and my catfish was a good introduction to eating fish. Would come here again when I get a bit braver.

Visited November 2012
Leuven, Belgium
“once again super”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Re-visited the Fiskebar and once again we had a wonderfull meal: kingcrab, fried shrimps and shrim croquettes as startes; followed by a super turbot! Everything very fresh, perfectly cooked.
We'll go again.