“Great ribs - great prices”
Review of Amadeus Antwerp 1

Amadeus Antwerp 1
Ranked #170 of 1,606 Restaurants in Antwerp
Cuisines: Belgian, European, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The perfect place to eat out, also with a low budget All you can eat ribsmenu, or one of the other delicious items on our menu. Tried our Prawns? Perfect for large groups, groups can also contact us to come outside opening hours (min. 20 per.) All information on our website. Please book reservations via the booking-page on our website. See you soon ! Team Amadeus
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Ate here with a colleague when on business trip to area. Old fashioned style bar and restaurant, specialty is RIBS . Excellent value, basically eat as much as you possibly can. We were there on a Tuesday night and it was reasonably busy with people of all ages and a lot of students. Making a reservation is probably recommended to ensure that you get a table. Service was friendly and quick. We took the fixed menu of salad, ribs/ baked potato and rice pudding desert, all for 24 euros., washed down with some fine Belgian beer. We managed one set of ribs but it was very noticeable that others were tucking into third and fourth servings. The waiter told us his record was 7 servings and that the restaurant record was 14 servings! Very good value for money and would recommend. Its about a 10 minute walk from the cathedral/ Dom.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

My wife and I are herding 33 colleges students from the US for a semester. We are taking them all out to eat occasionally, so this seemed like a good choice for students on a budget to fill up on our dime.
Two students got Chicken off the simple menu, and found it tasty, like we call 'Road Chicken'. The rest got ribs. They were a dry rub, not too spicy, quite tasty really. Not fall off the bone tender, but not too greasy either. One rack was plenty for me, several of the guys (20 yr olds) ate a second rack. There was a little salad, and a potato slathered in butter.
Note to Le_Dooks: This is not fancy nor should one expect the service you get at a fancy French restaurant. Anyway, this is Europe. If you want the waiters attention you stick your hand up.
If you're in the mood for ribs, this is certainly a good choice. If you can pack away a lot of meat, you can certainly get your money's worth here.
If you want Coquille St. Jacques, or Vissoep met Witteloof, go elsewhere.

Note of confusion: The original in Antwerp is on St-Paulusplaats 20. That's in a quiet less touristy spot at night, and the one I went to. A new one has opened on Suikerrui, barely 4 blocks South, nearer the Cathedral.

Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

We booked a table for 6 people, it was on time. We didn't have to wait for a long time to get our table I think about 5 minutes or so.

We ordered fanta, the waitress was very nice and honest to ask if we want a bottle instead everyone separately otherwise it would be more expensive.

The food was really good, the only disappointment was that there weren't a lot of potatoes. So I asked the waitress if I could have a extra potato, he said not a problem.. But I never saw my potato anymore..

Except the potato, I think it is a really nice place to eat ribs. This is after all, all about ribs and the delicious sauce but the potato were really delicious too!

Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Had been looking forward to this all day but left feeling unsatisfied. The restaurant was busy but after waiting about 5 minutes to be seated, we then had to wait about another 10 minutes before we were able to order our drinks (and this was only because my wife stopped a waitress walking past).

The menu does not offer variety, it really is ribs, ribs or ribs but that's what I was there for so no problem. After placing our order, the food arrived about a minute later. On first glance it looked ok, however after cutting through the ribs to make them more manageable to eat I found the ribs a little on the tough side, these weren't melt in the mouth ribs. The jacket potato was alright, not sure what the yellow stuff that was on them was. Seeing as it was all you can eat I tried some ribs and must admit they were better than the first but they were still coated in their house sauce which had been over done and left a bit of a charcoaly taste. To be fair to the staff they did come by and offer more ribs but overall I left feeling underwhelmed by the whole experience.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

I visited early on a sunday lunch, i found the menu excellent value for money and the ambiance and decor inside Amadeus to be amazing.
The food was served quickly and very nice. I found the staff to be helpful and attentive.
I will certainly return to Amadeus next time i am in Antwerp.