Stayed here with my girlfriend for three days. We would definitely like to stay here again!
Among the many pluses of the hotel are:
- Its stylish looks (inside and outside).
- The good location.
- The fine, fresh and modern rooms with excellent beds; many (not all) with a marvelous view over the city.
- A Velo station just in front of the hotel! In our opinion, the best - except during driving rains of course ... - and, apart from walking, cheapest way to transport yourself in Antwerp is using the Velo system! You can pick and drop a bike at more than 85 Velo stations: there is always a station nearby. Day pass: only 3 euro!
- Close to public transport: trams and pre-metro (underground tram) cross through the whole city. They bring you in just a few minutes to, for example, the famous Cathedral of Our Lady or the Town Hall..
- Located just to the left of the southern exit of the exceedingly beautiful main railway station. Great if you travel by train like we did.
- A short walk from Antwerp Zoo and the main shopping areas.
- Good value for money.
- A gym (modern fitness equipment ) and a very nice sauna on the top-floor (both free entrance). Also free are the panoramic views over the city from the relax room guests can enjoy (if they wish, also outside from the balcony!).
A few minuses:
- Wi-Fi should be free nowadays to my opinion.
- During our stay at the hotel the last day of December and the first two days of January internet connection was annoyingly slow and often dropped out.
- Breakfast is quite good, but also quite expensive: € 18,- per person. Tip: go to Le Pain Quotidien which is located right next to the hotel and have an excellent (and much cheaper) breakfast there!
Highly recommended indeed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lindner Hotel & City Lounge Antwerpen in total 173 beautiful rooms offering all comfort you need and 11 suites offering you a separate living and a balcony, a fancy Restaurant, Bar & Lounge, 14 multifunctional meeting rooms and secured underground public parking facilities. 'The 12th floor' a multifunctional sky-lounge with a marvelous overview of Antwerp, the place to be to organize your meeting or event. The hotel is even located in front of the TGV (High Speed Train) terminal. Recreation: Antwerp is a sparkling city with a wide range of entertainment. Discover the Meir, which is well known for its shops, have dinner in the Old Town with its pleasant restaurants or visit the Rubens house with beautiful paintings of the well-known Belgian painter Rubens. Rooms: Luxury bed rooms (some with balcony and a view of the diamond district) and equipped with air-conditioning, comfortable seating's, bathroom with bath or extended walk-in shower, hair dryer, large desk, safe, beverage facilities, minibar, telephone, LCD television with video/audio-on-demand and internet access. Services restaurant: Comfortable restaurant on the 1st Floor, bar and lounge on the Ground Floor. Carefully designed and offering food of good quality and drinks at competitive prices. The fancy restaurant, bar & lounge has an informal and relaxed atmosphere with light jazz and lounge music playing on the background. With flexibility in choice of food, the kitchen opens from 7am till 10pm serving anything from breakfast and light snacks to full dining (no lunch in the weekend and no dinner at Sundays). Meeting facilities: Let's Meet Again is a unique concept designed for our meeting rooms. It offers our guest all comfort they need to have a pleasant meeting, event, presentation, etc. All meeting rooms have WIFI, airco and state of the art equipment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Lindner Hotel & City Lounge Antwerpen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lindner Hotel And City Lounge Antwerpen
- Golden Tulip Antwerp
- Antwerp Golden Tulip