Britselei 37
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Antwerp
See available hotels
Miauw Suites(Antwerp)
Excellent 5/5
    Theater Hotel(Antwerp)
    Hotel Pilar(Antwerp)
    • Breakfast included
    • Restaurant
    See what travelers are saying:
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed August 30, 2010

I do not understand why hotels offers you the worst and the smallest room when they are empty, that gets me really upset. Poor breakfast, but at least have a nespresso machine, kitchen and a big room in a quiet residential area, 15 minutes walk to center.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
    1  Thank Inmarros
    Reviewed August 22, 2010

Easy to find
    Very cheap secure parking nearby
    Spacious
    Good bathroom with nice fittings
    Air con was useful on 2 hot days
    Big picture windows looking out onto terrace
    4 croissants delivered each morning
    Fridge contained red and White wine, orange drink, butter and jam, yoghurt

Reviewed August 19, 2010

We stayed at the Britselei for 4 nights and couldn't have been more pleased. Location is great; trams are right across the street - although most everything is within walking distance. Elegant, beautiful apts. Elaine (one of the owners) was most helpful. The Britselei is what made our stay in Antwerp memorable. It is now one of our favorite "hotels" in Europe.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
    Reviewed August 19, 2010

I booked the last available apartment - a rooftop apartment back in May. From the pictures on the website I was expecting a bit more from the room. All the features and fittings were cheap IKEA so that was a bit disappointing and some of the room was quite dusty (the top of the extractor fan was never wiped down).

Maybe the other, more expensive rooms would have been better.

For the price (£100 a night) we got a decent sized room and decent cooking facilities. I found all the nespresso bits, the tea, condiments, juice, morning croissants and bottled water that was provided a very useful touch and saved us money on breakfast. We ate in both nights so it saved us quite a bit. There are food shops around a 5 minute walk from the hotel.

The welcome way OK, I was expecting someone British but this lady was local but her English was very good and she showed us everything on a map which was really useful. She even left a list of vegetarian restaurants in our room which was very sweet.

There was no one there when we checked out even though we checked out at the specified time, so that was a bit confusing. We didn't know where to put our key card etc so just had to slip it under the reception door. I always think that you should send your guests with a friendly goodbye to leave a lasting impression. The last few hotels I have stayed at have simply forgotten this completely!

All in all I would recommend and would probably not choose to stay anywhere else, I think I would simply pay for one of the better rooms as I was expecting something of a much higher quality after reading all the reviews here.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
    Reviewed April 28, 2010

I stayed for 2 nights with my husband in a junior appartment. I had emailed a few times with one of the owners to make a restaurant reservation and this person was very helpful and friendly. However, on arrival we were greeted by another lady who was not exactly unfriendly but did not have a single smile for us, just held her 'speech' on where we find what, etc. Nothing personal. The lady that we met on departure was very friendly though. So it seeems to depend on who you meet...
    The room itself was very nice and cosy. Just bring your earplugs as a big street and tram go by and this is kind of a draw-back. Croissants in the morning were allright; the additional basket with food could contain a bit more and those little plastic packs with jam, honey, etc. do not fit to a so-called luxury appartment. But it's still good to have a bite to eat in the morning, so we appreciated the service all in all.
    The bed was comfortable; the shower worked well, so nothing to complain about here. We really liked how the appartment is situated: nice walk to the city centre (watch out for Leopold Plaats with its nice cafés, but do not trust the recommendation of La Lanterna (or so). This Italian restaurant was not good at all; there are so many better places!) or the Fashion district. For the evening it is also not far away from T'Zuid with bars, etc. Antwerp is a fabulous city with a great atmosphere!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple