Bed, Bath and Bread
$176
Hotels.com
$102
  • Breakfast included
Astoria Hotel Antwerp(Antwerp)(Great Value!)
$91
$107
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgreat place to staywalking distancekoenmarleencentre
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 12, 2010

I really enjoyed my stay and will definitely stay there again. Our room was huge, bigger than my own flat! Loads of character, period features and quirky touches that all added to the charm and personality of this B+B. The bed was really comfy, the room was very quiet and the whole place had a nice feel to it. I would have been happy to move in as was just my kind of place! Lovely breakfast too, with nice surprise treats. I was also given lots of good and useful recommendations, which were very helpful. There was also a radio in the room (in my eyes heaven) which had some great stations on it!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SYD101
Reviewed December 6, 2009

I stayed at Bed, Bad and Brood during my trips to Antwerp, and could obviously have chosen a new place to stay, had my impressions after the first time been less than favourable. In effect, the guesthouse stands for me for everything the city emulates: civility, graceful sophistication, taste and consideration. The gently offered advice and care on behalf of the owners, who normally attend to every matter in person, has made me feel at home away from home. I felt that I could discuss any aspect of my journey, with insightful information on the cultural events, good places to eat and best ways of reaching destinations readily shared. The quietly elegant way in which the breakfasts were served have incited an interest in the national cuisine, while the thoughtfully appointed rooms evoke a feeling of having glimpsed into a historic painting. I would like to specifically mention the generous, warm, showers, and exceptionally clean facilities throughout. I hope that my last year's stay at the guesthouse was not the last.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank Catherine072
Reviewed July 7, 2009

DO NOT STAY HERE!

We got a room for the night, sure the room was fairly big and spacious. But the toilet was NOT flushed as we got there. In the following morning, with no notification at all - there was NO water in the bath & toilet.

We informed the lady in charge and she was not at all helpful nor apologetic. She still charged us the full 80 EUR for the night. We cannot recommend this hotel at all.

Breakfast was also appalling - save the extra $$$ and go elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TeeBee001
bed43, owner at Bed, Bath and Bread, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2009

As owner of Bed, Bad & Brood I'd like to place the experience of an unhappy guest in a context. During our summerholiday a familymember took care of our bed & breakfast. Sadly enougn, one mornng, unannounced works on the waterpipes took place in the street by the city of Antwerp. It took the lady in charge some time to find out what the problem was, first she thought that the problem was in the house, as some water was still available on the 1st floor. After a lot of confusion the reason was known but no immediate solution was available.
She did her best in a difficult situation : a bed and breakfast without water !, but she missed the knowhow to offer a discount for the inconveniences. Meanwhile we offered the unsatisfied guest a free night in our place and apologized once again.
As for the other remarks : we run the b&b for 10 years and aim for a high standard, nevertheless things can go wrong, if reported immediately they can be fixed. We like to have everybody happy in our house, after a good sleep, a good bath and a fine breakfast
Sincerely, Koen, the owner of Bed, Bad en Brood.

Reviewed June 11, 2008

We had a lovely few days in Antwerp and Bed, Bad & Brood was the perfect place to stay. A stylishly renovated house in a quiet street, just a short walk from the city centre and minutes from really nice restaurants and cafes.
Koen, the owner, was very helpful with tips on what to see, where to eat etc. and made a lovely breakfast each day.
The room (Gustav) was huge and airy.
The only tiny problem was one morning when the occupant(s) of the adjoining room/apartment (there seemed to be only a dividing door between our room and theirs) had their TV at very high volume from 6.30am.
Other than that, I'd have no hesitation in recommending it.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank mildred01
Reviewed May 6, 2008

We spent 3 nights in the Gustav room and we loved it. This B&B is in a great location to all attractions via foot or tram. The room was incredibly large with a day bed in the corner so you can have a third person if you wanted. The bathroom was big and everything was decorated in such a calming way with light yellows, blues and whites. We were on the third floor so be in good shape to haul your luggage!

The hosts were very friendly and the breakfast was nice. Bread, cheese and meat, cereal and yogurt, coffee/tea and each morning something different cooked by the host (omelette one day). The family cat is very friendly and will greet you after breakfast (I think somehow she knows not to come in the room while breakfast is being served). She stays downstairs in the owner's apartment so don't worry about allergies.

There is a computer with internet access on one floor that is accessible. Also, a shelf of guide books in various languages and maps are provided when you arrive.

Antwerp was a fabulous city to roam around and we would definitely stay in this B&B again if we return.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank dgadrienne