“Excellent argentinian stake house”
Review of Baires - CLOSED

Baires
Cuisines: Argentinean
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Authentic Argentinian steakhouse in the trendy Zuid-district of Antwerp. Delicious fresh Argentinian quality meat, grilled on lava rocks and served with real chimichurrisauce. On the menu: a wide range of typical Argentinian ingredients and dishes. Terrace in the summer and large group reservations are possible.
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Excellent argentinian beaf stake, red inside and well cooked outside, along with a red wine. You should also try the ribeye!

1  Thank Iulian M

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We arrived (with a reservation) at 8pm on a Saturday night and were welcomed by the most incredible aroma. Unfortunately it was downhill from there. We waited an hour for our starter - no apologies or explanation - and although it was very tasty, it wasn't worth the wait. It took another 40 minutes for our steak (contrefilet) to arrive, and that was a huge disappointment: chewy and overdone (fried mozzarella and chorizo sausage salad). We did mention this at the end of the meal, and the lady serving offered us some limoncillo on the house which was a nice touch but not one that made up for the very expensive bill. The staff serving were very friendly and obviously struggling with a busy restaurant, but if you want a guaranteed good steak and easy night, this is not a place i would recommend.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I always find it so strange that after living in Antwerp for 35 some odd years, I have never actually eaten a good steak here...WELL...it seems all that is about to change!! Baires is a new ARGENTINIAN restaurant, that imports and ages his own meat....it is cooked to perfection and absolutely delectable. I went for the LOMO (the filet) hubby had the contrefilet. Mine was soft as butter, perfectly seasoned, juicy, I could barely believe what I was eating!!! This wonderful steak comes with grilled courgettes, a small salad and some french fries/or/roasted rosemary potatoes. The contrefilet was a touch chewier, but intensely flavouful, AND.....they placed it back on the grill for my husband, it came sliced with extra salad and potatoes...a PARTY all over again..even better, the second time!!!!! What can I say, I hope and pray that this place survives as it is off the beaten track..but.... the food and the service is just unbeatable!!! Chapeau!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

I'm from Argentina and I’ve being living in Belgium for a year now. I'm always homesick for a good steak but couldn't find a good one and authentic so far until I went to Baires. The food was excellent, just like eating at a restaurant in Buenos Aires. The service was really good; the owner is a super friendly Argentinian guy. The interior of the restaurant is authentic and modern, with black and white pictures of Argentina on the walls and the background music was also Argentinian. Needless to say I was very impressed; it is so hard to find an Argentinian restaurant that has good food, service and decoration. Even the desserts were authentic, with real "dulce de leche" straight from Argentina. The only thing that let me down a bit was the starter, I ordered "empanadas". Even though they were delicious, their size was a rather small for their price; however the price of everything else on the menu was very affordable. Totally recommendable, I will be going back very often.

2  Thank Elizabeth_Lucia86
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Was in Argentina some years back and the steaks and wine are actually better than what I had eaten. Staff was very friendly and would have a nice Malbec again anytime.

2  Thank HobbyCheF L