“Terrible!”

Kaiseki
Ranked #1,081 of 1,409 Restaurants in Antwerp
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Antwerp, Belgium
“Terrible!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

I am surprised to see this restaurant constantly full as I live in the neighbourhood.
The sushi and grill is not fantastic. Might as well try other good sushi restaurants in Antwerp.
The main thing that bugged me is the service. The service is terrible. Waiting staff do not speak proper dutch or english. I even asked a lady a question and she gave me this evil stare and walked away without answering.

The question was: "What kind of Ice-creams do you have"
and the rest of the stuff are extremely unfriendly and always grumpy.
Best avoided!

• Visited June 2013

Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Won't come back”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

The quality of the sushi was saddening. Sushi from a supermarket tastes better than this. Most food of the grill was ok. Some of the staff members were quite grumpy. Sometimes it came close to just throwing some dishes on the table. Also answering a simple question, like what kind of ice creams they had was answered weirdly. For the record I spoke Dutch, so it's not like she didn't know how to express herself in English. The menu (the card itself) was damaged, full of cracks which gives a shabby impression. That's a shame because the restaurant area looks quite decent, at first sight. I can't recommend this place and next time I will try the Sushi bar at the other side of the building.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Kevertje22
Abingdon, United Kingdom
“Great sushi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

I agree with the others that you definitely need to book. We went on a Saturday night and it was full and had a good atmosphere. I presume the others who mention that the fish wasn't fresh went during a quiet period as this sushi was perfectly fine and very tasty. So maybe its best to go during a period of high turnover. Its quite expensive but no more than average in Belgium. There was lots of choice and they didn't pad the sushi out with rice to save money. Overall highly recommended. Make sure you're very hungry when you go!

• Visited April 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hot dishes ok. Sushi not really”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

Hot dishes were really good. But I went there to eat sushi, and it wasn't fresh fish!! I was almost vomited with some things I ate. I'm learning how to do sushi at home, and my rice isn't perfect, but is so much better than in this restaurant! The rice didn't had any flavour.

To eat sushi I'll not go there again, I prefer my homemade sushi: how is it possible don't have sushi with philadelphia cheese? (for me is really needed) and fried sushi?

But, as I said, hot dishes was good!

• Visited March 2013
Antwerp, Belgium
“miscommunication between the waiters”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

If you want to eat here you better make a reservation. It's an 'all you can eat concept' and they charge you for the leftovers. For dinner you pay 23,50 euros (dessert included). After all the sushi, three waiters came to ask us if we wanted dessert. We were five people in total but halfway through dinner a friend came in and he ate a bit of sushi. We warned him that he was better of eating nothing because the restaurant would charge him and they did. Don't let extra guests eat anything if you want to save money.

• Visited March 2013