“Won't come back”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 3, 2013

The quality of the sushi was saddening. Sushi from a supermarket tastes better than this. Most food of the grill was ok. Some of the staff members were quite grumpy. Sometimes it came close to just throwing some dishes on the table. Also answering a simple question, like what kind of ice creams they had was answered weirdly. For the record I spoke Dutch, so it's not like she didn't know how to express herself in English. The menu (the card itself) was damaged, full of cracks which gives a shabby impression. That's a shame because the restaurant area looks quite decent, at first sight. I can't recommend this place and next time I will try the Sushi bar at the other side of the building.

1  Thank Kevertje22

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I agree with the others that you definitely need to book. We went on a Saturday night and it was full and had a good atmosphere. I presume the others who mention that the fish wasn't fresh went during a quiet period as this sushi was perfectly fine and very tasty. So maybe its best to go during a period of high turnover. Its quite expensive but no more than average in Belgium. There was lots of choice and they didn't pad the sushi out with rice to save money. Overall highly recommended. Make sure you're very hungry when you go!

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Hot dishes were really good. But I went there to eat sushi, and it wasn't fresh fish!! I was almost vomited with some things I ate. I'm learning how to do sushi at home, and my rice isn't perfect, but is so much better than in this restaurant! The rice didn't had any flavour.

To eat sushi I'll not go there again, I prefer my homemade sushi: how is it possible don't have sushi with philadelphia cheese? (for me is really needed) and fried sushi?

But, as I said, hot dishes was good!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

If you want to eat here you better make a reservation. It's an 'all you can eat concept' and they charge you for the leftovers. For dinner you pay 23,50 euros (dessert included). After all the sushi, three waiters came to ask us if we wanted dessert. We were five people in total but halfway through dinner a friend came in and he ate a bit of sushi. We warned him that he was better of eating nothing because the restaurant would charge him and they did. Don't let extra guests eat anything if you want to save money.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

I've been here with some friends because we found that they did had the all you can eat formula.
The restaurant it's on the right of the cinema UGC. You definitively need to reserve if you're going in the weekend otherwise it won't be possible to sit.
The sushi it's nice. Average quality and the all you can eat formula it's 23€. I say average because in all the different sushi rounds we did i found one fish scale. But due the volume of people that the restaurant have i could understand that one scale went to a final plate.
The service on the other hand isn't the best, when we seated we did had only the soya sauce and no ginger or wasabi. We had to ask for it. Servers aren't so polite and after you order a drink you should wait around 10 min to have it on your table.
Would I go back? Yes, there are many other sushi places even more expencive than this one that has lower quality