“Best Dim Sum ever”

Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Brussels, Belgium
“Best Dim Sum ever”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We were invited by friends to this restaurant. We never heard about it but they assured us it would be great although it looked quite dodgy from the outside. But boy did it live up to its expectations!

We decided to have the Dim Sum discovery menu. This means you get a variety of dim sum as a starter, followed by typical Cantonese dishes as a main. The dim sums were delicious. We received traditional ones filled with meat and crab flesh but also deep fried pasta balls with scampi’s inside, spicy marinated squid and so on.
As a main we received several dishes. One of our friends had asked the waiter if we could get spare ribs with garlic instead of one of the dishes but the chef was happy to give us the regular dishes AND the extra one with no extra charge! All of them were very tasty. Best sweet and sour chicken I ever had, beef with oyster sauce, marinated eel, etc.
All in all I believe the best Chinese food I ever had. Afterwards we had a good look at the menu and they serve very exotic dishes like pigs ears and baked jelly fish. Maybe next time :-)

The restaurant itself is tacky (like all Chinese restaurants) with ugly posters, fish tanks, paper napkins and located in a not so appealing part of the city but it is well worth the trip. The service is very friendly and fast. The restaurant was very busy as it was a Saturday night but the waiting time was ok.

We will definitely be back in the future!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Anouck A

Gent
“nice dim-sum, so-so main meals”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is a vibrant and hectic spot with some friendly and some quite brutal waiters. At one point the waiter spilled a spoon of noodles next to my plate and smiled 'that's OK in a chinese restaurant', which is a bit too cheeky for my taste.

Foodwise: the dim sum are just nice and not expensive. The main courses are OK, but more in the range of properly cooked average chinese. The hotplates are definitely more recommended than the greesy noodles. Considering the prices & the gault-millau rating I expected more, but I would go back to try some more of the dim-sum.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank LifeOfPea
New Jersey
“Absolutely fantastic dim sum in a crazy atmosphere”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I was doing laundry around the corner when I found this place during the first wash. This place was packed when I went and they were nice enough to find me a small table as I had no reservation. I went for the dim sum as I hadn't had it in a while and was happy to find a place that had it in the evening (not typical here in NY). I have a new favorite...Trappist ale and dim sum. What a combination! The place is a bit crazy with servers running around like crazy. Just a frantic but fun atmosphere. The dim sum was absolutely delicious and the custard tarts at the end were a perfect finish. Even though there is all this frantic running around, they were not bothered that I had to leave briefly to swap my laundry into the dryer. ;-) I wanted to go back the next day for the Peking duck but it didn't happen. Would definitely visit this place next time.

• Visited May 2013
Keerbergen, Belgium
“friday evening dinner with friends”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We had with friends an excellent dinner, a dim sum tasting menu with 8 or 9 different dishes and not expensive at all. Good quality and nicely presented. The restaurant is in a typical Chinese style with statues and everything. The service was more than correct in the local Antwerp’s dialect. A place to return to.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Jan3140
Antwerp, Belgium
“Excellent!!”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Very nice dim sum and tasty dishes. Very fresh and original taste. I will certainly return here - one of the best Chinese restaurant experiences.

1 Thank Kate1602