There are five star reviews but I'd give this six if I could.
- Ton & Bie are not only excellent hosts but they are really nice people to stay with. Informal, engaging, informative, and helpful - but not intrusive. They gave us some really helpful advice.
- our room, the 'Villa des Roses' was in reality a self contained apartment across the whole of one floor, with bedroom, spacious living room, kitchen (very well equipped) and bathroom. Access to the bathroom is off the landing rather than from inside the apartment.
- breakfast was first class, plentiful and high quality.
- as we travelled to Antwerp by car, the availability of parking in the underground garage next door was a major benefit.
- and the environment is pretty unique, with interesting artwork, eclectic decor, your own balcony to use and a courtyard to use if you wish.
D+D is in a quiet street in a diverse area close to the centre of the city; local dining options are not all that numerous but we took Ton's recommendation and tried Duval around the corner - the food there is really inventive and doubtless less expensive than the equivalent would be in the city itself. The trams are close and are a great way to get around the city, which has a lot to offer in terms of first-rate museums, bars/restaurants and retail.
A one off, and a great place to stay - thanks Ton & Bie.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Droom + Daad is a boutique B&B situated in a quiet street in the centre of Antwerp near to the famous zoo, the Antwerp Central Station, the shopping area, restaurants and bars. If you look for something different, Droom+Daad is the place to be. We offer an inspirational location and all the rooms have a different style. In the morning you can enjoy our "royal" breakfast which is served in a very light and cozy breakfast room. We can offer you private parking space for your car if requested. Even if you would like or need to stay in Antwerp for a longer period of time, you can make use of the apartments with their fully equiped kitchen. We look forward to welcome you in our beautiful city ! ... more less