“Book in advance! Lovely meal in a cutesy setting”
Review of Caravan

Caravan
Ranked #513 of 1,536 Restaurants in Antwerp
Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Lovely place. I didn't have a reservation and it was packed, though they managed to find me a little table around the back close to the kitchen as I was on my lonesome. Staff are extremely friendly, however, it did take a little long to get a drink (I had already been served my starter). I had the tapas mix to start, it was pleasant, to say a little disappointing and certainly not the revelation I was expecting (especially given the reviews and my last tapas outing in Broadstairs). I had the homemade syrup ginger and pink grapefruit, which while refreshing was also a little lacking in flavour, but I love the fact that the effort and thought is there. For my main, I had the paella and can fully recommend this! Full of flavour, the right ingredients and a generous portion. I would happily come back several times over for this dish! €30 all in for one, which is not too terrible, but the tapas mix was overpriced and underwhelming. Everything else, mains/drinks were great value. So why do I give it 5 stars? Attitude. Great staff, great enthusiasm and I applaud that the restaurant is trying to do something a bit different. Also the setting is really nice and cosy. For sure, a repeat visit is on the cards.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Nice laid-back spot, nice terrace, nice coffee, nice interior, nice people, nice piece of antwerp -
The tasteful menu is small but quite adventurous - all things good so far.
But food can be a bit...well...just not properly cooked. And that's a pity.
We were 4, with 2 people quite happy with the soba noodles, 1 two-times-too much reheated lasagna, and 1 panang curry which was way below average. Small portion, hardly sauce, and dry (!) meat. I was craving for a properly cooked curry afterwards...
Bad day in the kitchen? I hope so, or this cute place should raise their food standards...

1  Thank LifeOfPea
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Dinner on the terrace of Caravan in Antwerp is a real pleasure: the athmosphere is relaxed and laidback, service is very friendly and effective, meals are very allright and not expensive at all.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

Very nice place for quite doggy area. Nice interior, nice service and delicious food for very low price.
Sometimes too loud music and you have to wait quite long (20-30 min) for your dish.

In general I recomend this place.

Reviewed May 20, 2012

Caravan is located close to Park Spoor Noord , an up and coming area of Antwerp. Caravan is a cosy and wonderful 'eetcafé' . You can either just relax and drink something or have a bite. If needed and wanted they adjust your meal if possible, very child friendly and it is as if you are having lunch or diner at home ! Just recently they have a great 'bar' accross the street - 'Zeppelin' where you can have a coffee or something stronger. Wifi and magazines are for free ! If you are in the area please do visit !!