“Authentic pizza.”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

After years of being disappointed in the quality of pizza in Antwerp a friend recommended this place. I will be forever greatfull! Proper Italian style pizza in an informal setting. The tables might just be a little bit close together but that really is the only minus apart from the fact I didn't discover this place earlier.

1  Thank mrsmantwerp

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We are, we admit, pizza lovers. After having eaten, over the years, in several hundreds of pizzeria, we consider ourselves almost Michelin-star experts in pizza. In that capacity, we hand out 3 Michelin stars to Il Carpaccio. The pizza served in this restaurant must be the tastiest pizza in Antwerp and beyond. We humbly remove our hat and say "chapeau".
Apart from the pizza, some criticism remains though: the restaurant is small and there is little space between the tables, so you will find privacy only around closing time. The espresso coffee, while dense, fell short in taste.

2  Thank belgtravel
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I discovered this place some four years ago. A short walk from the Crowne Plaza restaurant this place became a second home during an extended business trip. I had to stop myself from eating there as I often as I wanted to. And I never had anything that was not fantastic. Over the past four years my hidden gem is now a shining star and it is rare to be able to walk up and get a table. And it is still fantatstic. The pizza is the best I have had in Belgium. Being a native New Yorker I can say the pizza can remind me of Grimaldi's in Brooklyn, though different. The pasta dishes are also excellent. As I now systematically share this place with friends, my ravenous kids and co-workers I have gotten to see and sample many of the dishes, even if I still order pizza at least fifty percent of the time. The location and setting are nothing special, the only downsides. The service is quite friendly and professional for such a small, casual place. The prices are still quite reasonable making this place an exceptional value. Great place to bring friends and then treat because they will never be able to match the food quality at such a low price point so they will be in your debt. My highest recommendation.

3  Thank adyer12
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I can only confirm all the comments below.

If you want to enjoy the food and wine, it's a MUST GO. 'Simple' Italian dishes, but so damn tasty. Less is more, right?! On top of that, good service.

As it's quite a small place, it might bother people, coz it gets noisy when full (actually it's all the time full-house over there). Suggest to book a table around 9pm, then it's not so busy anymore around around 9.30pm, and you can enjoy this place to the fullest!!

1  Thank Kris R
Reviewed August 3, 2012

We visited Antwerp for a convention and when I searched the internet for nearby restaurants and stumbled unto Il Carpaccio. On foursquare people were claiming they made the best pizzas in Antwerp. It was the only pizza I had in Antwerp so I can't confirm this, but I do know i had the best pizza in years! Delicious! My girlfriend had a simple pasta which was also very tasty.

The restaurant itself is a bit small and nothing really special, if you want atmosphere or a romantic place better check out something else in the city. If you want a great pizza or pasta for a descent price and good service go here.