“Everything was just excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aan de leien B&B

Aan de leien B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Antwerp
Aan de leien B&B
You added Aan de leien B&B to your Saves list
Ranked #35 of 114 Antwerp B&B and Inns
Forli, Italy
“Everything was just excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

I stayed in the big room with ensuite bathroom. I was alone I wanted to stay in a confortable and homely bed and breakfast. This was just perfect. The owners where extremely kind and eager to give me hints about what was on in Antwerp in those days. The breakfast was rich and good, and the room and the bathroom were always spotlessly clean. The b&b it at the 7th floor of a building just a few tram stops far from the Centraal Station (but the host will give you very clear directions when you book your room) and it is a stone's throw from the city centre. Would definitely come back or suggest it to my friends.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Irekrety

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Bristol
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

I stayed in the smaller of the two rooms (the blue room) with my husband, while my friends stayed in the bigger room. As the other reviews say, there isn't much privacy, particularly as the rooms are in an apartment which is all on one-level. The lack of privacy will feel particularly acute for those staying in the smaller room, as you will have to use a toilet situated in the hallway. Which I think is also shared by the owners.

Despite this, I have no other complaints and enjoyed my stay. The room and bathroom were spotlessly clean, the bed was comfortable, it was quiet, it's ony a 15 min walk to the centre and there is parking if you need it. The breakfast was particularly good for the price. For only €2.50 a head, we had bread, pastries, cheese & ham, fruit, yoghurt, coffee and a wide selection of teas. The landlady even suggested that we use anything we couldn't eat for our lunch and left some foil on the table in case we wanted to make up some sandwiches. I've never come across this before in a B&B and appreciated the gesture.

So, if you're fanatical about your privacy, you might want to reconsider staying here. But otherwise, I would definitely recommend it. I've stayed in far worse in Antwerp for a much higher price.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank CaroBristol
London, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2007

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend this past November. The price is right, the location is great (walkable to everything or take the tram) and the room (better than most 3 star hotels) was nice with modern amenities, quality linens and a comfortable bed; however it's just plain odd.

While B&B's are typically in someone's home, this is in someone's flat so there isn't as much distance between your room and the other rooms. We didn't feel as if we had any privacy and tip toed in at night whispering the whole time we were in our room. Plus, not only are the owners in the bedroom next to you (or down the hall in the kitchen making noise), their extra clothes are in your closet and toiletries in the bathroom.

Breakfast (included in our rate) wasn't worth it - just decline and grab something in the city. The food is basically rolls, packaged ham, and plastic yogurt cups; although, the chocolate bishops are a tasty touch - if odd for breakfast. There's just one dining table and you're forced to sit with other couples. Luckily, we had a nice couple next to us and enjoyed our conversations with them, but if we hadn't it would have just been awkward.

All in all, it is a really nice place but it made us feel as if we were invading someone's home; so if you're looking for privacy, I suggest you stay elsewhere.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Lack of Privacy
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
3 Thank Londoner_from_IS
San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2006

My wife and I had a great time at the Vandepitte B&B. The location is just on the first ring road and a 15 minute walk from the city center.

The hosts were very nice. As we only had a short amount of time in Antwerp, we appreciated the fact that they didn't want to sit and chat for an hour upon arrival. Their house is wonderfully decorated in modern and ethnic styles.

The room was fantastic, with automatic shades that eliminate all sunlight. The bed was very comfortable and the bath was large and had a shower with a multitide of jets.

Hands down, the most elegantly presented breakfast I have ever encountered at any B&B.

One note of caution, if you are allergic to animals you may want to reconsider. The vandepitte's have two cats and one small dog. They usually stay out of the way however, but you can lure them out if you wish.

• Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple