the room! The location is excellent (perhaps it is the best being only one block from the Grote Markt)! BUT:
1) There is one receptionist who is clearly not a customer oriented person...she saw us approaching from the breakfast room (we were walking back from lunch to check in as we arrived too early) and was not happy to see us. Guess we distrubed her break!
2) Be sure that you know what room you are getting. We booked a 'Deluxe' for 228 euro as we had a third person. The room was NOT like the photos shown on the hotel's website! It was room #103, faced the front (noisy because there is construction work beginning at 7 a.m. which we were not told about), single paned windows, decor and furnishings from the late 80's except the toilet and bathroom were apparently recently remodeled. Think of the room as a cheap motel look (photos to follow shortly). Their website shows very modern, attractive rooms. Total deception. We were there for one night only, otherwise, we would have asked about to move.
As stated above the location is the best thing about this hotel. The housekeeping and breakfast room staff as well as the other two receptionists were all nice however.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Rubens-Grote Markt is situated less than a 1-minute walk from the lively Market Square with bars and restaurants, as well as The Cathedral of Our Lady. It has a 24-hour front desk and free high speed wireless internet access throughout the property. This hotel offers light and spacious rooms as well as a luxurious suite. All units have individual climate control as well as a flat-screen TV. Some of the deluxe rooms and suites also come with a private terrace. The breakfast buffet offers a variety of hot and cold choices. Weather permitting, breakfast is served on the patio with the hotel's own 16th-century Pagadder tower. Guests can benefit from the Rubens-Grote Markt's convenient location in the historic centre for visiting the most important museums and shopping streets, De Meir and Groenplaats Square, all within walking distance. The MAS Museum is a 10-minute walk and the Red Star Line Museum can be reached in 15 minutes on foot. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline and HRS so you can book your Hotel Rubens - Grote Markt reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Rubens Grote Markt
- Rubens Grote Markt Hotel