“Worth every penny”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Having visited plenty of sushi restaurants in Japan, Belgium and other countries, this was my second visit at Ko'Uzi. And again, I was surprised by the creativity and quality of food. Sure, it does not come cheap, but decent sushi never does.
Food was as fresh as can be, sitting at the bar or outside gives a cosy feeling.
Again, the fusion of traditional sushi with a very creative presentation and ingredients ... I will go back, and back ... and back.
Their 2nd place at the world sushi competition is no surprise...

Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

I absolutely love this place. The sushi is innovative, fresh and delicious and the service always very friendly. Also the lunch deal is propably the best value for money in town!

Reviewed April 18, 2013

This morning I ordered an assortment of sushi by e-mail. I picked it up in the late afternoon. I learned about ko'uzi about a month ago. Second prize in a Tokyo contest. Could this be real? Could one of the best sushi restaurants in the world just be beyond the corner?

My wife an I just savoured the 16 sushi. They are indeed world-class. One of the best is for sure the grey shrimp sushi. I never, ever had something that deligtful.

Actually, only for take-out. They only have seatings for four. We do plan to have dinner there, just to savour the best prepared freshly. In the mean time, we will het their sushi out.

1  Thank Gustaaf C
Reviewed October 27, 2012

A tiny place with a warm welcome. A delightful selection of altered sushis and sashimis prepared with a lot of love. The selection of house wines is always superb. If you want to try something Japanese but not quite (the owner/chef is Japanese!) then this is the place. Great fun, tasty and very friendly. Deserts made by Belgian husband. Superb!

Reviewed May 17, 2012

Having read an article in a local magazine about this place I thought that I would try it out. I was sorely disappointed by everything I tried. Whilst the concept of preparing sushi (maki mainly) with other ingredients than rice is interesting the result in this place is a dismal failure. It was either totally bland or extremely salty. Whilst everything is fresh, it just doesn't work. Not to mention the ridiculous prices. For two people I paid almost 70 Euros, for what was a very small lunch.