“shockingly unpolite at first contact”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Sauna L'Eau Pure

Sauna L'Eau Pure
Ranked #2 of 11 Spas & Wellness in Antwerp
Brussels, Belgium
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“shockingly unpolite at first contact”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

The sauna-complex looks very nice on the internet and this is the reason why we picked this one. But when you call them to make a reservation you get a completely stressed out person on the phone who is yelling at you, being very rude and not at all polite. Not a good start.
For a first customer contact this is not very inviting. We were thinking about cancelling our reservation because we didn't feel good about it, but there was a 100% cancellation fee. Also the fact that is supposed to be a place where people come to relax and find peace, this is apparently not the case at l'Eau Pure in Wilrijk.
At the arrival there was a lady showing us around, although we reserved a specific sauna complex, we had to drive two blocks further away to an other complex. We had to walk through a dark corridor to get to our new complex. We wanted to explain we reserved an other complex, but she was pretending she couldn't understand us. We also had difficulties to understand her as she was talking very quickly and not clear. The other complex was quite ok, but when you take a better look there was some dirt visible in the corners and hair in the pool and shower. Also, the towels smelled a bit funny. Overall impression: The rate is quite high compared to other places we visited, and service too bad. There are much better places where people are friendly and relaxed.

Visited August 2012
7 Thank T-Renske

Harlow, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 96 helpful votes
“Lovely and relaxing. Great for a rainy day.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012 via mobile

I booked this sauna session for my boyfriends birthday. I read a review on here and followed up with the person (thanks Nathalie!) who wrote the review who put my mind at ease in terms of feeling confident that this was a good gift idea.

It's easy to find - would have been better if the bus driver could have not been chatting on his mobile phone and remembered to tell us when we were at our stop - we got off 1km past and had to get a bus back - as such we were a half hour late for our appointment and the owner still insisted we pay for the 30 mins we had missed. It's unfortunate but I understand their point of view. We had two hours in the sauna and it was pure relaxation. We had use of a pool (I dipped my toes in but didn't go in completely), steam room, sauna, jacuzzi and infra red bed. There were also lounge beds by the pool which you could relax on with a good book or magazine, drinks you could choose yourself and be billed for after - including water, beer, cava, champagne. A smoking room with a sofa and dining table - not so useful for us. Shower for use after with choice of shower gels and shampoo. I think it would be a good place to go to with a few friends because you can all be making proper use of the facilities at once. The day we visited was awful weather pouring with rain (another reason I was not happy the bus driver went past our stop) and so perfect for this sort of activity. Dirk's girlfriend tells me they are opening another two saunas taking the total to five. Oh one last thing, the sauna we visited was sauna number 1 which is rumoured to be the best. But you should check the website for which one would suit your needs as they all offer different facilities.

2 Thank FoodieClaireBlog
Antwerp, Belgium
121 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 385 helpful votes
“Wauw!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2011

It's really so nice! You can rent one of the three sauna's for 1,2,3..hours. The sauna was really nice decorated, it had the feeling that i was on holiday. The owner was very friendly. The best thing to do is to make a reservation on the site. Sauna 2 was my favourite because it had a solarium and a big swimmingpool. During the day it is cheaper than during the evening.

Visited July 2011