Leonardo Hotel Antwerpen
$149
  • Room Service
$110
  • Breakfast included
Astoria Hotel Antwerp(Antwerp)(Great Value!)
$93
$174
Travelocity
$94
  • Restaurant
All reviewstrain stationtravelling by trainmajor attractionsrooms were very cleanmain shopping streetspent two nightsantwerp zooperfect locationseparate toiletwell located hotelshort breakwi figrote marktrestaurants and barspublic transportantwerpenbelgium
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We stayed here overnight with our two young children. We had booked a junior suite but were upgraded to an apartment. It was a 2 floor apartment with a double room upstairs and a small kitchenette and sofabed downstairs. The upstairs room had a 2 bar railing running the length of the stairs so, afraid that the children could fall through we decided they should sleep downstairs. But when we opened the window we were horrified to realise it was a single door that opened straight out to a vertical 40ft drop with just again 2 bars across! Thankfully we could push the bed against the window so the kids couldn't open it but I couldn't believe it!
Other than that, the location was great and the staff were friendly. As we were only there one night we didn't bother trying to change rooms.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2013

First the positives- you cannot beat the location if you are arriving at the Central Station. It's just across the road.
It's all close to an area where loads of trams and buses leave, so it's great for travelling around from.
You are on a busy shopping street with plenty of reasonably priced restaurants including McDonalds, Subway and Pizza Hut if you aren't feeling adventurous. Plus Meir, a main shopping street is a 5 minute walk.
The staff were all lovely, speak excellent English and were very helpful.
There are two computers in the lobby for free Internet.
Breakfast was buffet style and typically continental pastries, fruit juice, yogurts, cereals, cheeses, cold meats, scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, toast, tea and coffee.

The negatives - the corridors and rooms were very tired, the corridors were very poorly lit and felt claustrophobic. The floors seemed thin so it felt like everyone was wearing lead boots!
The room was small, though 3 beds fitted adequately. The bathroom is tiny.
We had a quiet room out back but I can imagine rooms overlooking the street could be very noisy indeed as they are on a busy junction opposite the Central Station and the busy streets.

It's good value if you get a cheap deal and super central. I would stay again if I was assured a quiet room and needed somewhere cheap.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the street.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here recently for an 8 night stay. This hotel does have it's good points and things it could do better on. The good points are that the location of the hotel is very central and opposite the railway station, the staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful and the rooms were modern and well presented albeit a little on the small side and lacked a kettle. The breakfast was nice although the choice became a bit repetitive after the 7th and 8th day. The rooms could do with air conditioning as they got very hot and there was a bit of an issue with external noise from drunks late at night and from a very annoying fun fair outside. Overall though I was happy with my stay and would recommend the hotel if you want somewhere cheap and central to explore Antwerp.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I booked for one night at short notice and got a very good deal. I turned up at the hotel way too early to check in( about five hours too early!!). They said they would have checked me in but the room had not been cleaned yet. However come back in and you can check in and we can hold on to your luggage for you. Great customer service. The room was tidy and clean with a good shower and TV with good selection of dutch, english, french and german TV. I was on the lower floor in a corner room, right above the shops , but it was not too noisy. Perfect location for the train station. The breakfast was ok, but you can get better and cheaper around Antwerp. Free computers in the Lobby. Although I writing an email on an azert keyboard that actually writes in qwerty was fun to work out. I also had a nice hot chocolate in my room.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
LeonardoAntwerp, Manager at Leonardo Hotel Antwerpen, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear Charlie,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad to read you appreciate our customer service. I'm sorry to say you will not have as much fun with the keyboards on your next stay, as we have corrected the settings back to normal. Hopefully you won't miss our old keyboards on your next stay!

With kind regards,

Anthony Pierards
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Great location next to the train station & close to the bus station. Our room (jr. suite) was very spacious and clean, but it was a bit worn down and had a smelly carpet. The beds was also quite hard. Anyways, it's quite cheap so overall good value for your money.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I'm happy to see you enjoyed your stay, even though the Junior Suite did not meet up to your expectations. We are currently making small adjustments to our Junior Suites, so they will meet the expected standards again.

Hopefully you will be able to see for yourself on a next stay with us.

With best regards,