“Great meal but go hungry”
Review of De 7 Schaken

De 7 Schaken
Reserve with
De 7 Schaken is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 1,536 Restaurants in Antwerp
Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 15, 2013

A great place to eat but meal was huge and couldn't quite finish it. Next time might try sharing parts of meal. Great choice of beers..hard to choose but staff were very helpful as they were the whole way through evening. A very busy place on a Saturday night. Not a place for a quiet romantic evening as very loud - a number of large groups.

Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Picked the restaurant after reading some of the reviews on here and while I was a bit wary, I wasn't disappointed.

It's in the corner of the main square so I thought that it would be expensive and touristy with average food but I was wrong. The restaurant itself is at the back of the bar area and nicely separated by windows.

We turned up on Saturday evening with no reservation, we had to wait 15 minutes for a table so chose to have a beer in the bar. The waiting and bar staff were friendly with no problem transferring drinks from the bar to the table even though there was no tab set up.

Menu is the usual Belgian fare with some French dishes thrown in (I had the snails) and the specials board isn't too bad either.

Well worth a visit in my opinion!

1  Thank ninja_fox
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We found this restaurant using the trip advisor mobile app for iPhone and based on the reviews and recommendations decided to try it. On this super cold and windy spring night it was just what I needed. I started with the tomato soup (warning the bowl is huge and while I ordered it as an appetizer it could easily be a meal) great soup to warm you up. My main course was the rabbit in a dark beer sauce which was excellent as well. The portions are huge but very well prepared and very very good. I really enjoyed the meal and the service was very attentive. Not sure that I would qualify this restaurant as a romantic setting though as it was a bit noisy more like a pub type atmosphere which is completely fine for me but maybe not for others looking for a more calm romantic experience.

Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

Great food with a menu that is rich with tradition. Excellent service and a really great atmosphere. Sit and have a pint in the pub while your table is being prepared.

Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

Great place to eat, which deserves the high rating on this site. I came for a dinner based on the positive reviews during a business trip. I took a stake and a beer, both were just excellent.