“An excellent classic choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Minerva

Minerva
Ranked #51 of 1,410 Restaurants in Antwerp
Cuisines: Belgian, European, French
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Brussels, Belgium
“An excellent classic choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

I was taken to this restaurant by a friend who lives in Antwerp. It is in a repurposed factory building of the old ‘Minerva’ Belgian classic car, although you would never guess apart perhaps from a few photos and artifacts. The interior is classic and very spacious – no chance of overhearing your neighbor’s conversation. I enjoyed the evening very much and the service was very good, although we had to call someone over to take our order. It might also be worth mentioning that the restaurant opens at 18:30, and we arrived at about 20:15. We took the classic menu, which was delicious. We had barely seared tuna with goose liver. The dish was extremely well prepared, but I found the tuna rather sinewy, which is unusual as I buy it quite a lot. Then we had a bowl of seafood with strips of homemade pasta, which was delicious. For main we had venison and then a lovely assortment of caramel flavored desserts. The wine list was interesting, although it was hard to find a wine under 50 euros. In the end we plumped for a Josmayer Riesling – not cheap but one of the best of the Alsace Riesling’s, followed by a red Burgundy that I hadn’t heard of before – Vosne-Romanée, from the Côtes de Nuits part of Burgundy, which was very pleasant. Altogether a lovely evening.

• Visited November 2012

Antwerp, Belgium
“Great restaurant - Top 10 in Antwerp”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

As it is very close to my office, I have been dozens of times to this excellent restaurant for business lunches and dinners over the past twelve years. Traditional french cuisine. Great quality. Iconic waiters with impeccable service. Good business lunch formula. Top.

Visited September 2012
“A visit worth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2012

I was advised to go there.
If not I would never have entered. From outside it looks like nothing.
Very nice restaurant with excellent service by Sommelier and waiters
The dinner have been seen better but is absolutely at high class.
Price is fairly high but acceptable.
Wine card is not huge but a wide selections of wines necesarry for the food.
Wine had correct temperature and served in correct glasses. Even Riesling from Alsace was served in correct glasses - perfect.
Australien Wagyu steak was not perfect however it was served and cooked as it has to be.
I can strongly recommend this restaurant and especially based on the service.