“Great Hotel, Amazing Staff !”

Astoria Hotel Antwerp
Ranked #17 of 73 Hotels in Antwerp
Reviewed January 31, 2012

We spent 2 nights at the Astoria Hotel for a weekend *Antwerp*
I have to say that the staff was amazing! especially LILIYA.
She was very helpful & friendly. she helped us in every way possible.
The room was very clean (every room has a bathtub), breakfast was nice served & u had plenty of choice (but no bacon), free internet in the room & lobby (great internet speed), the location is great (4 min away from the main train station Antwerp Central)

overall: This is a great hotel for an visit to Antwerp !

we (almost) stayed 1 extra day because of the friendly staff, a great hotel, & a beautiful city

Room Tip: Try booking room 504 Room is
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank N D
Francedz, General Manager at Astoria Hotel Antwerp, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2012

Dear guest,
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Moreover Liliya is one of our 2 new receptionists. We do appreciate a lot to see her name in a positive review. She is indeed a nice hard working girl to be proud of! Hopefully we can welcome you soon again for that extra night!  Kind regards, France De Zutter

Reviewed January 15, 2012

A decent hotel close to the train station, it is a little walk from the city centre.
The room and hotel was clean. The breakfast was adequate. Overall a decent place & value for money stay in antwerp...

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JP13
Francedz, General Manager at Astoria Hotel Antwerp, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2012

Dear guest,
Thank you for reviewing Astoria Hotel. It is very important that the guests check-out with a good feeling about Astoria Hotel. Next time please let us knos what we can do to make your stay more enjoyable. We hope to welcome you soon again (when the weather in Antwerp is much better!) Best regards, France De Zutter

Reviewed December 14, 2011

We spent one night in Astoria hotel during a weekend trip and found it to be pretty much what we were expecting. We were expecting to see a no frills hotel that offered a good value for the money and also a good night sleep and this was exactly what we got - so no surprises. The location was good as we wanted to visit the diamond district and also when we went out in the evening for a dinner we didn't have to walk too long to find some decent restaurants. Breakfast served its purpose and the selection was pretty good. Our room was ok in size even though slightly worn, the bed was comfy and the hotel was quiet. Would I visit this hotel again when in Antwerpen? Yes, as it offers good value for the money.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Francedz, Front Office Manager at Astoria Hotel Antwerp, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review. We hope to welcome you in the near future.

Best regards,

Myriam Almeida
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed November 21, 2011

The Astoria is a nice hotel if you're in Antwerp for a couple of days. It's near the towns centre and near the central station.
The staff is nice and helpfull. Our room was nice and roomy. Breakfast is okay, enough choice, great coffee. Fruit juice are a bit to sweet, but okay.
Flatscreen tv in room with basic internet, but internet is very slow (but free). In lobby wifi works (you can get login codes from desk).
Will stay there again because of it's great location and value for money.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the good review.
Hope to welcome you again very soon.

Best regards,

Myriam Almeida
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed September 24, 2011

This was a decent hotel in a good area (next to park and Diamond Market and Central Station!) The room and hotel was clean, the Breakfast was Fantastic! I, unfortunately got what I think was the poorest room in the hotel..it was looking a bit shabby, the tub was chipped and rusty and the worst was it was over the Garage and the noise of the door continually opening and closing was quite disturbing. I had originally only booked one night, but when I arrived i made it two and by the time I found out it was a bad room, I had already unpacked and was ready for bed. My impression is this is a Business hotel first and if I had made a fuss they may have done something, but it is the type of room that should be given out last or made into an office or fitness room. It is really not a suitable room for sleeping with the internal noise form the garage. Other wise the staff were pleasant and courteous I would recommend this hotel with the provision that you make sure it is not room 108!! Again I did not give them the opportunity to address this, but I think I should not have to...I This room should not be used and if it is an informative warning about the noise issue.

Room Tip: NOT room 108!!!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Prairieguyabroad
Francedz, General Manager at Astoria Hotel Antwerp, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2011

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for this feedback. As we never received this remark before we will check all possibilities and also check the door from the parking. Maybe the parking door was not functioning well and caused extra noise. We found it a pity that you did not tell us this inconvenience during your stay. We would with pleasure help you moving to another room. And if you can please drop us an e-mail (then we know who you are) we can add a note to your profile so we never make the same mistake again. Thank you very much and best regards, France De Zutter

Reviewed September 19, 2011

Hotel Astoria has been frequented by me 3 times during this year. What has most impressed me is the consistency in everything it offered!

When I got in touch wth them prior to my landing in Antwerp, they took sometime to locate records of my earlier stay. I was offered a competitive room rate based on this information.

At the time of check in, they updated my details and now onwards I am assured of "Favourite Guest" status (I hope!).

The room and the accompanying facilities were as good as ever and the free internet made sure that I had no "Free Time".

Breakfast spread offered excellent choice even for a vegetarian like me. The food items were always fresh and the hygiene level, service etc. were generally impeccable.

Finally, this hotel is located so close to the place of my business - the diamond district - that I have no reason to go in for another hotel!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Francedz, General Manager at Astoria Hotel Antwerp, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2011

Now this is the best way to express that you feel at home in Astoria Hotel! We are very happy to read this and will make sure all your future stays will be perfect too! Welcome home, always! Best regards, France De Zutter

Reviewed September 7, 2011

The hotel is in close proximity to the station, so it was convenient for us. It's a little dated now, and could do with a lick of paint but at €60 for a twin room with breakfast I couldn't argue. Breakfast was actually a pretty decent selection. We were on the first floor and the free WIFI worked there - we also got a free welcome drink which was a nice touch.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Francedz, General Manager at Astoria Hotel Antwerp, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2011

Dear guest, Thank you very much for these comments. Indeed some parts need a little paint which we will start to do next week (floor per floor) as foreseen in the planning. We also ordered WIFI for all rooms as many guests have smart phones that do not fit in the Internet cable. We truly hope to welcome you soon again to test our WIFI! Many thanks and enjoy the weekend! Best regards, France De Zutter