“Very Nice Hotel in a Great Location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 30% Off
Ranked #2 of 76 Hotels in Antwerp
Washington Crossing, Pennsylvania
“Very Nice Hotel in a Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Excellent location right in the city center. Since I'm an Honors member I was upgraded to an Executive room. Had access to the Executive lounge which was good and included drinks (beer, prosecco and soft drinks), coffee and snacks throughout the day, Internet access and buffet breakfast. Front desk staff friendly and spoke fluent English. Centrally located in Antwerp. Great place.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank gogaterz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The facade of this building is crazy beautiful. But inside the room, its basically just like a slightly nicer motel 6 or marriott or something. Like a lot of European hotels, their idea of a king is two twins stuck together, so if you and your partner like each other, it makes for a strange sleeping arrangement. There isn't really a plug in the bathroom for a flat iron, at least in the room we were in.

Hmm, what else...the room was large, especially for Europe. No tiny closet room like in Paris or anything. And oddly, there was no sheet. Like...just a blanket on the bed with a fitted sheet, but no flat sheet, which was strange for a Hilton.
Anyway, the location is perfect and we didn't pay for the hotel as it was a business trip, so for the location alone and the beauty on the outside...it's a solid place. ( and right down the street is a vendor with the most life changing waffles you've ever had!)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We have stayed in this hotel many times before and as recently as last year.The location is convenient being close to public transportation, shopping and restaurants. When I checked into my room they wanted a charge card. I specifically asked them not to charge anything to the card because my mother was paying for my room. The clerk assured me that they were only taking down the information and we could use another card to pay for the room at check out. Within 15 minutes, I got an email from my Citi credit card Fraud Department because they tried to charge my card for $1,854.21. Since I had checked out of my hotel in Paris that day, I believe this charge from the Hilton flagged the suspicious charge. I called Customer Service at the Hilton immediately, and they said that as long as I replaced my credit card that they would handle things with Citi card. I brought down my mother's credit card and gave them the information. The lady working the desk kept saying that they didn't try to charge on my card even though I showed them the email. This lady became very belligerent and kept denying that the hotel had done anything. I remembered her from our visit last year. I don't understand why in the world that any organization would have this lady working the front desk. She even went as far as saying that it must have been another charge, even though the email specifically said it was the Hilton in Antwerp. The lady assured me that I would be able to use my credit card. I tried using it in a shop and it was denied. I called customer service at the hotel a total of three times, each time the person assured me that is would be handled and each time I tried to charge something and it was denied. Since the Hilton charges $5.25 euros per minute for calls to the States, I asked the desk if they would let me make the call from their phone. The lady at the desk, still tried denied any wrong doing by the staff, but reluctantly let me make the call. It took 20 minutes and two call to clear up the misunderstanding.

The rooms still need some updating. We paid to be on the executive floor, and the air conditioning was broken in the executive lounge and the hallway outside the lounge. This was during a heatwave. The manage did give us a voucher for two free drinks for our trouble, but we would have preferred that the air conditioning to be fixed. It was still broken when we left.

The food at the restaurant was okay and needs to get more variety on their menu.
I did like the people in the restaurant and the other staff at the hotel they were very pleasant.
I hopefully, will find another hotel in Antwerp to use on my next trip.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I was visiting Antwerp to attend tomorrowland festival. Stayed at Hilton for a comfortable stay, but to my surprise the air conditioning was not working in the alcove suite during my stay of 3 days. Also lights kept going out every now and then. Which made it all the more tiring for me during all my stay. When I complained at the hotel they asked me to change the room at 6am,and then they want early checkout.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Gourmet selection of bread, fruits, cheeses and poultry. Laid out to eat. Watch the market behind you and eat till you are full and order for coffee or Darjeeling tea. Fantastic environment to enjoy your food.

Room Tip: Take back side rooms to watch market come alive in the morning.