Hilton Antwerp Old Town
Postiljon(Antwerp)
Het Logement(Antwerp)
Banks Hotel(Antwerp)
2,318 results
All reviewsthe executive loungegreat locationdirect accessexcellent hotelseparate showerthe heart of the citythe main squarebusiness rooman upgraderoom was largejunior suitecentral locationbeautiful citybars and restaurantsmini bartrain stationgrote markt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed for two nights. Location is great. Close to metro. Short cab, or reasonable walk from the train station (not w/ luggage). Beautiful surrounding area.
I am a HH Diamond. Received a nice 'upgraded' room. The concierge lounge is sizeable and well managed. Weather permitting, there is a great outside deck off the concierge level.
The morning breakfast buffet is very good, but somewhat redundant. You are able to order eggs cooked to order, and it is a refreshing change from the standard fare. The view from the terrace restaurant is wonderful.
Front desk staff is informative and helpful.
If I remember, the fitness center is not hotel owned/operated and there is a fee.
All is all, typical Hilton quality. Nothing over the top, but dependable and commendable!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
RobertKrygsman, General Manager at Hilton Antwerp Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Dear poopdeckFL,

Thank you very much for sharing your positive comments about your recent stay at our hotel here on Trip Advisor. We always appreciate when our guests are satisfied, and are very happy when our customers share their experiences with fellow travellers.

I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, our superb location, the wonderful exclusivity of our Executive Floor with it's private elegant lounge and sunny (weather permitting) terrace, and of course the most important factor of any stay, our great team members. I would just like to clarify that while we used to work with an out sourced Fitness Center, this was always complimentary to our guests. Further, I am very happy to advise that as of July this year we have had our own in house Fitness Center available only to hotel guests, and open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Upon your next visit, please do ask at reception for directions to this wonderful new facility.

Once again, many thanks for your kind words, and happy future travels.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

We started off well with a very pleasant lady at check-in, a free welcoming drinks voucher and and our room was great on the Eecutive Floor. The Executive Lounge was excellent and staff very welcoming! However, it all went down hill very quickly. We decided to stay in the hotel for our evening meal mainly because of the poor weather. After ordering and sitting for a good 30 minutes the waiter came back to tell us he had forgotten to place our order! No such thing as offering a complimentary drink or a discount. The meal itself was not up to much when if did arrive! Breakfast the next morning was poor. I do not think I have ever seen scrambled eggs look less appealing. The staff were almost unwilling to serve and could not be bothered to help when we asked for tea and coffee. This is not what I expect from a Hilton stay. At check- out the gentleman was incredibly rude and when I asked to speak to the Manager he was strangely 'unavailable'. Yet again we were let down on accurate advice about the main shopping area and sites to see by the concierge. Would I return -NO! Would I recommend this hotel -No! What a shame when the hotel looks so good on the site but the reality is such a disappointment.

Room Tip: Executive Lounge is great and worth the extra!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tyrella826
RobertKrygsman, General Manager at Hilton Antwerp Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Dear Tyrella,

Thank you for taking the time to share your ecent experience in our hotel with fellow travellers here on Trip Advisor.

While you did enjoy certain aspects of your stay with us, such as location, the Executive Floor and Lounge, and some friendly staff, what really concerns me is the inexcusable behaviour and experience you had in our Terrace Cafe, be it at dinner or the next day at breakfast. I want to sincerely apologise to you for this and would like to assure you that your comments have been shared wioth the Team Leader of that department to ensure corrective action is taken. I have likewise shared your comment regarding your check out with the Front Desk Manager. We always have a 'Manager on Duty,' so there is no excuse to say he/she was not present.

I hope you will accept my sincere apologies for this bad experience you have had, and I invite you to contact me directly should you wish to discuss this further. Thank you again for sharing this feedback, as we will use this to improve, and ensure this does not happen again.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Would not hesitate to recommend paying the extra per night for Hilton's central Location, over less central locations that I have used, eg Crowne Plaza by Exhibition Centre. You get both excellent central location and decent room as a package, )ie price is not just higher because of location and u suffer poor rooms, as Hilton rooms were also excellent )

Stayed one Saturday night with breakfast included. Full Breakfast was just OK, European cooked breakfasts are well short of UK fare, eg lack of Sausages, Bacon etc etc. The continental part was more than fair.

Room pleasant, roomy, clean and modern, with no wear to froom furnishings. Nice clean, spacious bathroom too. RoomSafe etc in room if needed for passport/laptop.

Arrived by train to Centraal Station, only 10minutes by Taxi (15euro) or Metro (2 euro), with
Metro Station below ground in square right opposite.

Lots of external bars, restaurants choice here, plus Cathedral/Shops/Metro-stops, just about best possible central location possible, and with tra,/metro network at only only 2euro 1-way, you can get everywhere easily, fast and cheaply from hotel door. (i did not use hotel bar as went out Saturday night )

Reception, Staff, all efficient, helpful, friendly and polite, no real queues at either checkin or checkout, each of which took me only 5minutes to complete.

Yes I will be staying here again, as well as at Crowne Plaza which is a hotel I will continue to use, but no longer exclusively, especially if I wish to go out in evenings in the summer Hilton location is a winner.

Room Tip: Away from lifts for quiet. Higher floors also quieter from guest movements.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Dear scuba_in_the_sun,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience here on Trip Advisor.

I really enjoyed reading your positive comments about your stay, especially with reference to our large comfortable rooms, and great staff. Our location, as you so rightly have noted, is unbeatable, and we are very privileged indeed to be sitting on one of the most famous squares of Antwerp, walking distance to everything the visitor may wish for.

Thank you again, and we wish you safe future travels.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Dear Team!

It was again a fantastic stay at the Hilton Antwerp!
Excellent service. Start you're day here with taking a good breakfast. So much choice at breakfast in the morning and everything is there! Just excellent!
Restaurant dining service was nice and the waiters are well informed about their menu and suggestions! The food was delicious, compliments to the chef and his team. Also the maritime bar is nice and relax for having a short drink if you are planning to get out of the hotel later in the evening.

I would recommend this hotel to everyone, not only for the fantastic location but also for the fantastic service you receive from beginning to the end.

Thanks
Erwin

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear ErwinD3,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Hilton Antwerp here with fellow travellers on Trip Advisor.

It was great to read your rather glowing review, and how much you enjoyed your stay be it from the start with a great Hilton Breakfast, dinner, our intimate and cozy Maritime bar, and of course our great team and unbeatable location.

Again, many thanks for your kind comments, and we all hope to welcome you back again sometime in the near future.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Warm welcome if questions asked all were answered, special location.

Breakfast with a great vieuw. All shopping and cultural activities near the hotel.

My foreign partners were impressed with the town and the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
RobertKrygsman, General Manager at Hilton Antwerp Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Dear Yves V,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your comments about our hotel here on Trip Advisor. It was a pleasure to read your remarks, and I am very pleased that your foreign partners were likewise impressed with our hotel, and of course, with the beautiful city of Antwerp.

Once again, many thanks for your very kind comments.