Radisson Blu Astrid Hotel, Antwerp
  • Room Service
$93
$110
  • Breakfast included
Astoria Hotel Antwerp(Antwerp)(Great Value!)
$93
$193
$174
Travelocity
1,721 results
All reviewscentral stationbusiness classferris wheelswimming poolbreakfast roomold townbrussels airportbusiness rooman upgradebusiness tripbit dateddiamond districtexcellent locationquiet roomvery nice hotelunderground parkingnespresso machine
Reviewed July 7, 2013

The hotel is in front of the Central State in a square that has been, as the Station itself, totally renovated in recent years. The area is very busy but the hotel is very calm, in particular the rooms to the inside. The reception on arrival is efficient and fast. The rooms are large and well furnished. The bath room is large well lit and with the necessary amenities. Breakfast is a bit conventional, it could be better being in Belgium. The staff is competent and polite. The location is perfect to explore Antwerp, a beautiful town. The proximity to the Station brings also opportunities for jumping on a train and visit other Belgian jewels.

Room Tip: I had a room to the inside, not to the Station
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
djansen, General Manager at Radisson Blu Astrid Hotel, Antwerp, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear Huyggens
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay and the compliments for our team. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, and that you thought the location of the hotel was perfect. Our team will be happy to assist with tips on their favourite places in Antwerp or the rest of Belgium. I look forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

The hotel itself is in a good location for transportation links being immediately opposite the central railway station, tram & bus stops and about 15 minutes from the airport. The local area, looking a bit scruffy, is not particularly inviting & I wouldn't be rushing to be out late at night in the area.
However, having said that, once inside the hotel, the atmosphere is cool & calm. The desk staff were very helpful & spoke perfect English. My check-in assistant, whose name I can't remember & Sophie, at check-out, were the epitomy of excellent customer service.

The room was not overly luxurious but it had everything I needed ( & it all worked) including BBC news on the TV & wi-fi. It was immaculately clean and well maintained and a credit to the staff. The lighting options were plentiful all worked as expected. It was epecially good to see tea/coffee making facilities so I could cater for myself. The only thing I would like to see would be pillow options. Holiday Inn provides hard and soft pillows in the same room so guests can mix & match to suit their comfort requirements. Here,guests have to make do with what's in the room.

The bar area was well maintained & managed - we were well looked after by Suzanne (?) who did a great job of keeping us fueled with Belgian beer & nibbles. Similarly, the breakfast room on the second floor was well managed - the staff never stopped moving, keeping on top of table availability & replenishing food. My breakfast was included as part of my costs which were covered by a business budget so I cannot attest to value-for-money but the range of food on offer would cover most tastes & dietary requirements.

So, overall, nothing wrong with the hotel at all. The staff I dealt with were very good & knew how to treat their guests. As a location, the hotel is fine if you want to make use of the transportation links, so it makes a great location for business travellers. If I was a tourist, interested in sight-seeing around Antwerp, I may look for something close to the shopping area/cathedral but this is not a criticism of the hotel, but of its location.
If I was in Antwerp on business again, I'd have no hesitation in using this hotel in future or recommending it to others.

Room Tip: Room 541 was on the side of the hotyel, overlooking a side street. Not a fabulous view but very quiet with little street noise.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Capesthorn
Thank you for your great feedback regarding your recent stay. I am always glad to hear that my team has shown its wonderful "Yes I Can!" spirit. Your compliments have been passed on to them, and particularly to Sophie, Suzanne and the housekeeping team. It is indeed true that the location of our hotel has its pros and cons for both business and leisure travellers. I do hope your travels will bring you back to Antwerp soon and look forward to welcoming you again at the Radisson Blu Astrid Hotel.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

The Radisson Blu Astrid is a good choice for staying in Antwerp, as it is well located, close to all transportation facilities, e.g. opposite the central train station and close to the main shopping area. Rooms are very comfortable and clean. Staff is very nice and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Adalheidur J
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and found our rooms comfortable and clean. Thank you for your nice comment about our team. I have passed on the compliment. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

We originally booked a standard room but on confirmation were offered an upgrade to a Business room for a reasonable price which we took up. The view of the Railway Station and plaza was wonderful, as was the room. The reception staff were friendly and helpful and the ability to walk to the station made day trips to others towns was great.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear KED740
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. It is nice to hear you enjoyed the upgrade and the advantages of our business class rooms. Antwerp Central station indeed offers a wonderful view, which I still enjoy too. Thank you for your compliments regarding the front office team. I have passed them on. Hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Hi, Don't bother to look around, this hotel will bring everything you need. I have been travelling to Antwerp for the last 2 years every week and I did try other Hotels. None of them will bring you this confort, this fantastic bar/restaurant and best over all the welcoming to this Hotel. You will be welcome by a superb team that will bring you a smile and take care of you.
The facility is convenient for any type of trip, Business, Family, Tourists, etc...
If you feel that your day was too stressfull and you need to relax why not to jump in the elevator and go to level 1 to enjoy the Gym or a Swim at the swimming pool or a Sauna or Turkish Bath... You have the choice and for the ones who feel this is not enough, you can book a massage !
Now the access to Restaurant around is very good and you are front of Central station so if you would like to go somewhere more closed to the centre just jump into a tram it will take you there in 5 min.
You will not find such a complete hotel with all it provides to you !
I am sure you will be well served and you will enjoy your stay as I did,
Thanks again Radisson and the Best Team : the Reception band :)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Aurelien S
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am delighted to hear that our team makes you feel at home. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back home at the Radisson Blu Astrid.