“Not the most central but definitely good hotel”

Radisson Blu Astrid Hotel, Antwerp
Ranked #9 of 72 Hotels in Antwerp
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Stayed here for a weekend visit in January 2013 but have stayed here on previous visits also. Really impressed by the standard of rooms and the very good service from staff both in terms of rooms and the bar area. Reasonable rates available and excellent standard of rooms and service.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
djansen, General Manager at Radisson Blu Astrid Hotel, Antwerp, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Dear Cjayn
Thank you for your excellent feedback regarding your stay with us. It is very nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our rooms and service excellent. We hope to welcome you back soon.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Astrid Hotel, Antwerp

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Just for leaving we got a phonecall that the Park Inn was overbooked and if OK we could get an upgrade for the R.B. Astrid Hotel.
Arriving we asked for a frontside-room and got room 430. Very good sleep quality for a room with trams in front of you and built on a metro-station. Perfect frontdesk service.
The parkingservice of the hotel gave added value. The hotel was in the weekend very busy and they succeeded in a full house to keep breakfast going. Great job!
Location is perfect, ask for good restaurants at the front desk, they are prepared to give you full information, as for public transport.
We booked a very cheap package, were surprised by the upgrade, for that reason almost excellent. But of course it is a chain hotel, very busy and maintenace for the bath/shower tap was lacking.

Room Tip: Frontside rooms 4th flor and higher are ok.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Family Sanders

Dear Family Sanders
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. It is very nice to hear you enjoyed the upgrade from Park Inn hotel to the Radisson Blu Astrid Hotel. We do our very best to give everybody the most pleasant stay. We will pass your comment regarding the bathroom to our maintenance department. We hope to welcome you back soon in the Park Inn or Radisson Blu Astrid hotel

Reviewed February 15, 2013

A typical chain Hotel situated in a good location for the Central Railway Station which is well worth a visit to see the wonderful old building and the platforms on several levels. This is the diamond district so lots of jewellery shops. Also close to the Zoo.

It is a 15 walk to old town but it is possible to take a tram if you prefer .

I had a standard room facing the inner courtyard on the 4th floor. There was a constant buzzing noise outside the room which I think may have been an extraction or air condition unit. Ask for a room on a higher floor or in a quiet location if this likely to bother you. Rooms are clean and comfortable with nice bath with shower over. There were two upright chairs around a small table which were not very comfortable for lounging or watching television.

The breakfast room and buffet were excellent and I agree with other reviewers comments about good service. I was not inspired by the main restaurant dinner menu but there are plenty of restaurants around the area,

Room Tip: See comments above ref. noise on low floors overlooking inner courtyard.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Trudy R
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. It is very nice to hear you find our rooms comfortable and clean and you enjoyed our breakfast. We recently expanded the menu in our restaurant so we hope our chef can inspire you during your next stay. Hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

The Radisson Blu is well situated near the train station and the zoo. We stayed in January and the people were very nice. A bit away from the main centre however ... a good 15 min walk away ... but thats nothing on a warm summers night or a cold winters evening!!
The spa was filled with business men and breakfast was a bit pricey .... we ate elsewhere :)

Room Tip: Non Smoking
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Puremanky
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. It is nice to hear that our team showed its "Yes I Can!" spirit. Hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

It is odd for a hotel chain to be so personable with a guest, especially with only a three night stay. But that is exactly what happened to me in Antwerp and the Radisson Blu.

Yes, it is in a great location, across the plaza from the train station and the zoo (!).

Yes, it's right above a metro station, giving you immediate access to the rest of the city.

But what made this place for me was how friendly the staff were. From the people at the front desk, to the bartenders, to the gentlemen delivering room service, to the staff that serviced the breakfast buffet, each greeted me with a smile and my name (if they knew it or had access to it).

This sort of customer service is rare in my travels. It made my stop in Antwerp a delight, and made me tell all of my friends of their service.

The hotel itself? My room was spotless, and ready access to Wifi, with no difficulties in logging in. The bar next to the lobby is a delight. There was no one variable that stuck in my mind as bad, or even just a little off.

In short, this was one of the best hotel stays I had in quite some time.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
GM_Astrid, General Manager at Radisson Blu Astrid Hotel, Antwerp, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear Accidental_Hedonist,

Thank you for the great feedback. There is nothing better than hearing that you had no complaints about your stay or our property. Our number one goal is guest satisfaction and we are so happy we have succeeded and that you experienced the “Yes I Can” spirit! I hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Antwerp!

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Hello,

I'm every month in Antwerpen for 3-4 days but last visit was a mistake in Radisson. My room was small, dark and cold. I had view for nearest tall buildind so in my room was quite dark and air conditioning engines/fans near window - noisy. Bathroom very cold and lots of this bugs on floor - there are in near all hotels but these were quite big.
Fitnes area after refreshing, and:
- still no courtains on showers near sauna
- sauna forget about it - max 60 degrees of celcius and auto off after 15 min - this is no like before full sauna with 100 deg. with electrical fireplace - now there are special heating areas in corners with auto shutdown - strange if somebody was in real sauna.

Breakfasts still OK, and service also.

But as a gold member now i want to have a break with radisson.
Do not take rooms since 607 till 610.

Room Tip: Do not take rooms since 607 till 610, take always rooms from front. They have good windows and are q...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
GM_Astrid, General Manager at Radisson Blu Astrid Hotel, Antwerp, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Dear Qross77,

I appreciate you taking the time to review your latest stay at the Radisson Blu Astrid Hotel. Also I wanted to thank you for your comments concerning our new sauna. May I add that we are a Green Key Hotel and therefore this new sauna was installed to reduce the energy level. You are correct the basic temperature is 50 degrees Celsius and that the infrared lights switch off after 15 min. Based on your comments I have made the decision to increase the base temperature as well as extending the switch off time to 30 min. This should provide a better sauna experience to you and our other guests. The showers near the sauna are open unisex showers to be used with bathing suits. For guests that would like to shower without bathing suits can make use of the separate shower area near the lockers, which have a closed door. Regarding the bugs, this has taken me by surprise therefore in order to closely investigate your comment; I would like to ask if you could email me directly at gm.anrzr@radissonblu.com. I can tell you that our rooms are daily inspected by our housekeeping supervisors for both cleanliness and any irregularities. On top we work with an international renowned company that takes preventives actions to avoid any kind of bugs to enter the building. Once again, thank you for your time and looking forward to seeing you again.

With kind regards,

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The hotel is right in front of the most beautiful train station, I have ever seen.
You walk out if the hotel and you find all sorts of cafes, local bistros etc.

They had a good late night room service and the spanish food I ordered there was brilliant

Also, I just paid 100 Euros for this wonderful stay and healthy breakfast. Would recommend.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Mudit D,

I appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay with us. On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson Blu I would like to thank you for your visit and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

With kind regards,