Radisson Blu Astrid Hotel, Antwerp
  • Room Service
$89
ibis
  • Restaurant
Ramada Plaza Antwerp(Antwerp)(Great Value!)
$83
$78
  • Restaurant
Park Inn by Radisson Antwerpen(Antwerp)(Great Value!)
$142
Eden Antwerp(Antwerp)
$53
TripAdvisor
1,689 results
All reviewscentral stationbusiness classferris wheelswimming poolbreakfast roomold townbrussels airportbusiness rooman upgradebusiness tripbit dateddiamond districtexcellent locationquiet roomvery nice hotelunderground parkingnespresso machine
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 18, 2012

This is my second visit to this hotel and I wasn't disappointed. My first visit was also a great experience. I was here for a compnay-organised meeting having travelled from London. Very easy to get here by rail. Eurostart to Brussels and straightforward connection at Brussels Midi Station. On exiting the station at Antwerp (a fine building inkts own right, by the way !), the hotel is located just a few minutes walk across the square. Staff very friendly, welcoming and helpful on reception. Very trendy bar in the lobby area with large variety of drinks on offer. Only a short walk from the hotel and you can choose from a variety of different eating and drinking places allof which offer different cuisines. The zoo is also nearby, next to the station, not that I've visited it, but I've heard great reports !

Room Tip: Ask for an inward-facing room which will be less noisy. Other rooms overlook the square or the side road.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
GM_Astrid, General Manager at Radisson Blu Astrid Hotel, Antwerp, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Dear HighHeidjin,

Thank you for the great feedback. There is nothing better than hearing that you had no complaints about your stay or our property. Our number one goal is guest satisfaction and we are so happy we have succeeded. We hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Antwerp!

Kind regards,

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We were being upgraded from Park Inn to Radisson Blu due to overbooking.
Frankly the hotel room is quite 'worn-out' but quite spacious & quiet room.
The best thing is the breakfast room, with superb view of the Antwerp central station.
Although the food is standard breakfast buffet, not made to order ones, however, food variety is plenty to choose from.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Kellyrila

Thank you for your nice feedback. Indeed our breakfast buffet is unbeatable, and the view makes it even more special. I hope we can welcome you back soon!

Kind regards,

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I spent 5 weeks in this hotel and I can tell you that, besides the location that is really good, the hotel itself is not that good.
The breakfast is just regular (they don't even have a kitchen to prepare you something hot, for example), the check-in process takes ages to finish (several times I found one person taking care of the check-in process on a Monday...it seems that they were surprised to see that so many people do the check-in on a Monday), they gave me a smokers room even if I had requested a non-smoking room and this room smelled just like an ashtray.
Besides this, one of my colleagues had a blood stain in the carpet and, even if we had booked the room for 5 weeks, we didn't even received a complementary bottle of water.
Finally, the gym is a joke and the so called "swimming pool" is nothing more than a big bathtub.
Honestly I would not recommend this hotel, even if I like Radisson hotels.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank ravenx8
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My first stay at this hotel which is situated across the Koningin Astridplein from Antwerp Central Station.10 out of 10 for location! Check in was efficient. My Club Carlson status was acknowledged and I was upgraded to a suite on the 7th floor (room 733) overlooking Koningin Astridplein and the station. Fantastic view! My (refundable) rate was EUR 189, and this Business Class rate including wifi, breakfast, and a 10% discount in the hotel's Square Bar & Brasserie. I opted for room service and had beef fillet, and a cheese selection - cost was EUR 43. Breakfast was ok - fresh pastries, fruits, cold meats and cheeses. Coffee was ordinary. Juices were awful. I usually stay in the Hilton Antwerp, but was pleasantly surprised with the Radisson Blu Astrid, which is usually significantly cheaper than the Hilton. Recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor with a view of the station!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in September.
The location is fantastic, just a short walk from the central train station.
We stayed in a Business Class Room, which was a very good size.
I had read other reviews saying the hotel's bathrooms need updating, and this is definitely the case.
The bathrooms felt really outdated and old, compared to the rest of the room.
We were meant to receive a complimentary newspaper each day as we were staying in a business room, but this never happened.
It would be good if the bar served small meals, like a club sandwich or fries, and nuts other than wasabi nuts would be nice too.
The buffet breakfast was fantastic, the best we had after travelling around Europe for a month, although it would be nice if they offered coffee made by someone, instead of a machine.
And double-check your bill when leaving - breakfast was included in our deal, as were movies, but they charged us for both, and I had to have this rectified.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anne P
GM_Astrid, General Manager at Radisson Blu Astrid Hotel, Antwerp, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Dear Anne P,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at the Radisson Blu Astrid. I’m very pleased to hear you had a great stay and that you enjoyed our large and comfortable Business Class room. I am sorry to hear you did not receive your complimentary newspaper, but if this should occur again, please let our front office team know. Indeed, after 5 p.m. the Square doesn’t offer small meals like a Club Sandwich or a burger, but our bar team will be happy to explain you about our dinner or snack options after that time. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back very soon!

With kind regards,