“Good hotel for Antwerp”

Ranked #15 of 72 Hotels in Antwerp
Los Angeles, California
“Good hotel for Antwerp”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

clean, spacious room for european hotel, service could have been better, some tried to be more helpful than others,( took 30 min + when we called for extra to get towels) keys almost always had a problem and on wifi we also kept getting kicked off .

Room Tip: ask to see rooms first
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Indonesian first
Netherlands
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Spent a great night at this hotel, being four adults in total, for a weekend with the guys. We made a last minute reservation and got a famliy room with four single beds and ample room and all facilities that can be expected. Hyllit was one of the few hotels that offered such a large room for an acceptable price, with four star quality.

Staff at the front desk was very nice and helpful. We requested a late check-out (which can be very nice if you get back at 05:00) and got one till 16:00, which was excellent. The curtains made it possible to fully darken the room, which allowed us to rest well, before checking out. The beds were all very nice and the room was impeccably clean. The only (minimal) negative things I can think of are: the bottle of water on the desk was not complimentary and the water cooker had no electrical outlet nearby to be used. Besides these minimal things, a great place for a short stay.

We will definitely try to keep Hyllit as our main hotel whenever we visit Antwerp for fun.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Araaf R
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I spent 3 nights here at the end of July 2012 and loved the hotel and its amenities. The pool and sauna were very much welcomed and the hotel breakfast was quite delicious with lots of variety. We had one of the senior suites and the layout was kind of inefficient to me. I would have thought that the bedroom component of the suite would have been larger (a lot of wasted space it seemed to me). The staff that I dealt with were very pleasant and I had no troubles with anyone there. The way that they handled the password for the internet was annoying. Very good (from a security perspective) password but it was annoying having to re-enter all the login credentials every time my iPhone would go back to the lock screen.Also another small thing was that it seemed to me that the rooms never really cooled down even with the Air Conditioning turned all the way down. All in all a good hotel and I'll come back again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Southern Finland, Finland
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Spent one night in Hyllit in August. It was offseason, so not many people. Room, breakfast, service was very good. Room and bathroom seem to be fairly new and bed was great too. They let me keep the room for few hours extra with no charge. (maybe because off-season)

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TravelR_68
ny
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I have stayed there for well over 30 nights over the course of the last year. The hotel is clean and adequate. It is located in the Diamond District next to Central Station and the Meir so it is very convenient. If you have a high floor chances are you will have a nice view. The internet is a pain though. It doesn't always run well and you have to get a new code every 24 hours which is annoying if you are staying there for business purposes and you need to work. The pool is nice.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
geneva
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Stayed here for one night on a business trip last week.. We had to wait 15-20 mins to check in as only one person was on the reception desk during the holiday peak period. Room was nice enough however the shower had no hot water.. I also thought a bottle of water could at least be included in the room in a 4 star hotel.. The double bed wasnt particularly comfortable as it had 2 single matresses so I kept falling down the middle. Breakfeast in the hotel costs 20 euros and is pretty poor.. I would recommend strolling out and finding a cafe for half that price.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank FW21Geneva
Oulu, Finland
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Spent 2 nights in Hyllit in July. I booked this hotel because my friends were staying there. I was a bit surprised that they don't have any single rooms, so I had to pay for a double room although there was only me. So the hotel was a bit pricy, but I was happy with my stay.

To me sleep quality is very important and this hotel can absolutely provide a quiet night! It was so quiet that I thought that the hotel had only few guests, but when I went for a late breakfast on Sunday at 10.30, half an hour before it closed, the breakfast room was packed with people. The room was so crowded that I had to clean my own table and things were running out from the breakfast buffet.

The minus side of having a quiet room was that the room had no view at all. I had to keep the curtains closed because the windows of opposite offices were so close.

The room was clean and comfortable. Nice toiletries and clean shower area. AC was really efficient and I think it stayed on even when I was not in the room. Wifi was free and very fast, this was a pleasant surprise.

The gym seemed to be well equipped. I didn't use the pool, there seemed to be a lot of noise and children having fun. On Saturday evening I tried to have a dinner in the restaurant on the 6th floor, but it was fully booked. However, it looked really stylish, so I should have made a reservation beforehand.

I had only positive experienced with the reception staff. They were very helpful when i asked for advice on using the tram, etc.

So I recommend this hotel if you are willing to pay the extra euros to enjoy a well-kept hotel.

Room Tip: 330 had no view, but it was very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends