“Decent hotel”
Review of Hotel Hyllit

Hotel Hyllit
Ranked #15 of 72 Hotels in Antwerp
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Unfortunately it seems we have been unlucky with our staying. The hotels is quite nice, very friendly personnel, clean rooms, good position and decent amenities.
What we has gone wrong? The sauna wasn't working, one elevator was not working, the garage door was not working and in front of the hotel roadworks are going on. All in all a tough frame to an allegedly romantic week end.
Anyway things can happen we just wish that instead of sticking out of order notices things were dealt with a bit quicker.
Only one annoying thing: breakfast was not attended as it should be with completely burned scrambled eggs boule and coffee and tea so difficult to reach.
Not to mislead the readers. This is still and enjoyable and decent hotel if you get it right.

Stayed: March 2012
There are newer reviews for Hotel Hyllit

Reviewed March 12, 2012

I stayed at the Hyllit over New Years this year. While my stay was overall fine but not spectacular, I was initially double charged back in January and now, three months later, $700 charges from the Hyllit are once again appearing on my credit card. My emails to the hotel have, as of yet, not been met with a response. Service is one thing but billing problems that last for months is another. I am disappointed that I am dealing with this yet again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 26, 2012

obnoxious aggressive staff. Bad service. poor atmosphere.
a shirt was torn at the ironing. The staff denied! Very expensive hotel
a real nightmare

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Jan H
Reviewed February 23, 2012

We stayed here during our honeymoon tour of Belgium. We requested no special "honeymoon treatment," but did add a note that we would be on our honeymoon. We were put in a dark, back room with a view of a wall—despite the fact that the hotel appeared to be nearly vacant the weekend we were there. (We saw just a few other guests in the bar and at breakfast and the lobby was a ghost town.) The room frequently smelled of sewage, to which we alerted the staff. Nothing was done about it. We arrived on a 20-degree (Fahrenheit) day, and the heat wasn't on in our room. After huddling under the covers (to avoid both the sewage smell and the cold) for TWO hours, a bellboy finally arrived and told us "Well, it should be working. Give it another hour."

Other bummers: The pool is rarely open. The steam room was out-of-service. The "Shmovie" movie service was out-of-service. There is no room service on Sundays. The hotel wine bar was out of almost ALL of its wine! The breakfast was good, but costly, something like 26 Euros. All but one of the front desk workers were dismissive of requests for help. The room decor is unattractive: all brown and quite dismal. The hotel location is convenient to the train station but inconvenient for good restaurants, museums, nightlife and culture.

Perks: The decor of the lobby is very pretty.

Granted, we visited Antwerp when it was 20-degrees out, so we spent more time in our hotel than we normally would have. But staying at the Hyllit ruined our Antwerp experience. If I ever return, I'll steer clear of this smelly, inadequate and freezing-cold dump.

Room Tip: It looked like some rooms overlook the boulevard. They wouldn't move us to one, so I didn't...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank SeattleFrances
Reviewed February 23, 2012

I stayed for one night at Hotel Hyllit in February on a business trip. The location and amenities were very good as one would expect for a hotel within its price range. The hotel also provides free wireless internet.

For me the hotel loses some points as the gym/pool area which is only open 7-10 am in the morning and again in the evening from 5 pm onwards. I wanted to use it after getting back from my meeting at around 4 but had to wait for an hour.

As these nice facilities are available it would be good if they were open for use all day. Secondly, in the gym they did not have any water. So during my workout I asked the lady on duty for some water and she gave me a bottle and charged it to my room. On check out I found that this 250 ml bottle of water was charged at 5 euros which is really excessive. It would be easy to go through several of these small bottle during a work out so be warned.

It was actually more expensive than the bottle of Duval I purchased from the bar in the evening.

The breakfast in the morning was reasonable nothing more, nothing less.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 21, 2012

I stayted several times in hyllit hotel in antwerp.Mostly I stayed for business. But I am sure that it is really good for vacation too. Rooms are really big if you compare with specially german hotels. And breakfast is fantastic. if you have a good breakfast you dont need anything else during day. Staff is really friendly. There is Wifi so I can manage my works as if I am in office. They have swimming pool and gymm. Location is really great it is close to central station and bust stations for airpot.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 21, 2012

My stay in this hotel was a good experience and I would recommened the hotel, though I found it a bit expensive! There are nearby hotels that are less expensive though they do not offer the same ambience.

The kind and courteous stff at the reception made the check in process very smooth. The Executive Room was pretty large and well equipped. The bed, bathroom, TV, free intenet etc. made the stay comfortable. The breakfast spread, even for a vegetarian like me, was very good and delicious. Throughout my stay of 4 days, I was well looked after!

However, there is scope for improvement - a coffee / tea making facility in the room was sorely missed - Even smaller hotels in the area provide this - I hope the hotel makes this available soon!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business