Crowne Plaza Antwerpen
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Pilar(Antwerp)
Miauw Suites(Antwerp)
1,174 results
All reviewsinfinity poolanna restaurantring roadbrussels airportcity centrebusiness hotelsuperior roomhotel parkingsteam roombus stophotel restaurantgood nights sleeppublic transportper daycentral stationgymexpo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I'm a very loyal IHG member and needed a place to stay in Antwerp for one night so i picked the CrownPlaza. The hotel is located next to the freeway which is handy to acces the hotel but not if you like to go out into the city.

Entering the hotel i was surprised by the ambiance and interieur, the lobby and restaurant where really nice designed and i was really curieus about the rooms!

I was located on the 12th floor at the back of the hotel, they told me this would be a "silent" room because of the proximity of the freeway.

On entering the room i was really disappointed, the room "felled" small and outdated. The TV didn't work and the badroom was clean but also outdated. I need to say that i didn't complaint about the TV, so i didn't give the hotel staff a chance to fix this issue.

Don't get me wrong, the rates in the hotel are not that high so i think it's still good value for money but i don't understand why this property isn't a HolidayInn in stead of a GrownPlaza.

I hope the hotel is under a kind of renovation proces as the lobby and restaurant look really nice, staff was friendly but the rooms are in need of an update.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Hans W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Antwerpen, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear Tomvandongen,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel here on TripAdvisor.
I’m happy to read you like our redesigned lobby and restaurant, and that you found it good value for money.
More important is the nice service you received, a goal that we strive to achieve on a daily basis.
As you mentioned before, we are indeed still undergoing a renovation process concerning the rooms. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights between Christmas and New Year. Our 2 rooms were spacious and comfortable. However I feel that visitors should be aware that pets are allowed into the bedrooms! Very unhygienic I think and I don't like the idea of cats and dogs being on a bed that I will sleep in. Sadly the occupants in the room next to ours left their barking dog in the room whilst they went out, it was extremely annoying. On complaining to the lady on reception we were told that guests were allowed pets into the room, no action was taken. When we checked out the guy who was on reception was very apologetic and did take 20€ off our bill. If it hadn't been for the dog we would have enjoyed our stay more.

Room Tip: We did ask for a room at the back away from the road.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Daisygirlhampshire,

Thank you for your review here on Tripadvisor!
I’m sorry to read that your stay was influenced by guests that had a barking dog with them in the room.

Your stay experience is one of our top priorities, so if you experience a similar problem in the near future please do not hesitate to contact us directly as we are happy to make the necessary adjustments to ensure you have a great stay.

Concerning the hygiene issue that you mentioned, rooms that had pets in them during a previous guest stay are thoroughly deep cleaned and checked entirely in order to ensure a perfectly clean room for every guest.

I’m happy to read that your overall stay experience was positive and we look forward to welcoming you back for a future positive stay.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Crowne Plaza is refurbished and the evaluation of this hotel is good, for the following reasons;
location is excellent very close to the highways , close to the center of Antwerp- good access-
good parking - the rooms are clean - restaurant is good- for business it is a very good place.

Room Tip: best is first - or second floor
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Hans W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Antwerpen, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Dear VincentD,

Thank you very much for sharing your positive experience with fellow travellers here on TripAdvisor.

We look forward to welcoming you back and please don't hesistate to let us know if we can do anything to make your stay a 5* rating worthy stay!

Reviewed December 26, 2013

I stayed here on business for two nights in December.This hotel is quite old and maybe a bit below the standard I normally see in Crowne Plaza (Asia), but it is clean and the reception staff are very friendly, knowledgable and efficient.
The bed - amazingly comfortable and I slept very well. The room I had was clean and ventilation was good.
A major let-down is the WiFi reception - almost unusable on VPN with a signal strength of 25% in the rooms and cause of a major frustration for me, this would possibly prevent me from booking again for business (I need WiFi or LAN connectivity for work), however if I was staying on a personal break to visit this beautiful city I would be very happy to stay here.
Restaurant/bar - good food and reasonable service (it gets busy so you need patience).
Bathroom - shower-curtain in bath. I wish European hotels would stop doing this......! But it was clean and bright.

Room Tip: If you need WiFi - ask first! There is no LAN facility.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Hans W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Antwerpen, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Dear RobFell,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience here on Tripadvisor.
We understand how important wireless internet is, so we are currently updating our entire system in order to provide you and future guests with top quality internet.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon so you can enjoy another great stay at crowne plaza antwerpen and see the improvements we made on our wireless network.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

In Belgium for a meeting and stayed overnight here. Short distance from the centre of Antwerp and “just” off the Ring, in fact can see the hotel from the ring road. Not hard to find but a bit fiddlely.

Check is was fast and efficient as a “gold Elite” IHG member. Hotel reception is modern clean and airy. On the 10 floor so a good view out of the room windows. Room was lovely and clean and fresh. The bed had the normal Crown Plaza/Intercontinental, mattress topper on it so you just sink into the bed but get great overall support from the underlying mattress so a great nights sleep was had by me. Bathroom was bright, clean and airy, with lovely soft towels. All the normal “lotions and potions” on offer too.

Lovely view from the room but a bit foggy next day but sun was just coming up behind an office block/flats, which would have made a lovely picture if only i had had my camera!!!

Breakfast in the AM was the normal fare with a good choice of cold (cereals, fruit yogurt, salmon, cheese and baked goods Danish pastries etc) and hot options (bacon, eggs, mushrooms etc) at a reasonable rate.

Lovely pool, which I had to myself in the early evening when I arrived, with sauna, steam room and gym which was free for guests.

So would I stay there again yes if I was in the area and this CP was much cheaper than the one at Brussels airport!.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Hans W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Antwerpen, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Dear Pair211

Thank you very much for your lovely review about your stay.
I’m happy to read that you enjoyed both the service and quality you received during your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another successful stay if your travel plans bring you back to Antwerp!

Enjoy the holidays!