“OMG! Incredible!!!”

28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“OMG! Incredible!!!”
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Went to Del Rey for coffee and chocolates. The coffee was served elegantly with chocolates on the side.There was an accompaniment of sugars-brown, white cubes in fun shapes, lavendar flowers and raw sugars-very luxurious! Went next door to the chocolate shop to pick out a decadent and incredible dessert, and then took home chocolates which were to die for! Thanks to a cousin, we will make Del Rey a stop from now on and would recommend it to everyone!!! A must if visiting Antwerp!!

Visited October 2011

London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Very good Praline and afternoon tea, but I am surprised they use handto pick the pralines rather than wear gloves”
Reviewed August 29, 2011

A must visit place for afternoon tea and cake, it's pricey but worth every penny with the posh silver wear, one immediately feel like a Royal when the staff show up with the whole set in a tray. The cake is a MUST, ice-cream taste so nice. Their sugar for tea/coffee looks amazing, it has little flower or plant in each drop of coloured sugar, and the white sugar has pretty shapes too.

I have bought quite a few pralines over the counter, it tastes heavenly, one of the staff was particular helpful and friendly (but not all of them can speak good English to explain to you the selection of their praline). It's even more pricey than Pierre Macrolini, with that price I would have expect them to wear gloves for picking up the praline and chocolate for you. But none of them wear gloves (can't imagine people don't wear glove and hand handle the chocolate in UK). Will the hand temperature affect the quality of praline? And i don't know how much they wash their hands, perhaps they wash their hands every single time before they handle any praline. I haven't feel sick after eating their sweet so it should be ok.

Visited August 2011
1 Thank citygirl7777777
Moscow, Russia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“best chocolate ever”
Reviewed July 31, 2011

First, I didn't visit. Friend living in brussels presented me a box which i opened back home. And it was the love from the first bite. two months later i visited him again and asked to go to antwerpen before my arrival to bring me this chocolate! :)
It's just a pity I cannot buy their chocolate at home
next time i go to the region i will certainly take a ride to antwerpen to visit the shop and try not only candies itself!

Visited July 2011
Rotterdam
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best tea-experience and chocolates”
Reviewed February 21, 2010

Any time I visit Antwerp I always try to visit their tea-room before I leave (they are near the train station, so it is often my last stop). They have a great selection and the tea is presented amazingly. A much better experience then Angélina in Paris.

If you are comparing their chocolates to Leonidas then this place is not for you. I can especially recommend their Antwerp Fashion or Secret Garden Collections which both have great unique flavors. They also have a small selection of Macarons which I like.

1 Thank Roksx
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Best Chocolates ever”
Reviewed May 20, 2009

My wife and I lived in Antwerp in the mid 80's and we discovered Del Rey chocolates. In my opinion they are the best available. Better than Leonidas and better than Mary of Brussels. Yes they are pricey but you don't need to buy a whole kilo to satisfy that chocolate craving. We recently re-visited Antwerp in 2008 and went directly to Del Rey and it was everything we remembered.

1 Thank bos2677