“OK, but eat elsewhere” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 71 Hotels in Antwerp
London
“OK, but eat elsewhere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

This hotel is rather drearily located on the SE edge of the city centre, 15 minutes on foot from Antwerp Central station. My room was fine apart from the bathroom - it couldn't have been any smaller without disappearing altogether. I breakfasted once at the all-you-can-eat buffet; neither quality nor choice were anything to get excited about, and at a hefty 14 euros a time you would have to be planning on eating a great deal indeed to make this a worthwhile venture. The bar features some top-quality Belgian beers but food options are extremely limited - and pricey. Staff were pleasant and informative at all times.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank IanCLondon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Utrecht, The Netherlands
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Don't go to this Hotel!

I booked a room at this hotel and paid by creditcard. They emailed me that my cc info was not correct and I paid again. I called the hotel and a lady told me that I paid and that I could check in every hour the day. The room would not be given away as I paid she told me again. I came around 12 in the night and wanted to check in, The Chinese loby man told me that my room was canceld due wrong cc information. I explained him what happend and that the lady manager told me on the phone it was all correct now and that i paid. He told me it was canceld and that he could not help me and walked away leaviong me alone. I booke dthis room trough booking,com and I called them myself asking them to help me. They called the chinese man and again nothing coudl be done and I was left alone. He didnt even help me finding a room somewhere else and I just went on teh street to find another room. That night all hotels were filled so I had to walk over the streets waiting central station to open. There I slept on the ground as a bumm waiting for the first train.

Don't go to this hotel and find a hotel where they don't lie and help you when THEY made a mistake!

Room Tip: Don't go to this Hotel! I booked a room at this hotel and paid by creditcard. They emailed me...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Zutendaal, Belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

Much noise caused by people, who used their toilets in the rooms above us. This was due to a faulty construction of the system, and thus not the fault of the other guests.

In most cities the accor hotels heve an agreement with the adjacent parking and are therefore able to privide their clients with a more favourable teriff for a parking ticket, with which one can drive in and out freely, and with which one pays a certain maximum far below the charges of the parking directly. So why not in Antwerp ??

When arriving at the hotel, I always stop in front of the entrance to unload the luggage. It turned out, that the police doesn't like this. Here arrangements with the municipality have to be provided for.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Blandford Forum, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

My small group of military history enthusiasts visited Antwerp in early October 2012. We stayed in the Hotel Ibis Centrum. The hotel is modern and just across the road from an underground car park. The rooms are all doubles which hiked our costs up as we would have shared twins, and saved nearly half the cost.
The bathrooms are very compact and only have showers.
We found the breakfast to be expensive when compared with local restaurants.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

Good choice, moderately priced with modern clean rooms right next to the Stadsschouwburg which is the large cultural venue for dance and music. It is about a 10 minute walk from the central train station. There are not very many restaurants in the immediate area but it is a short walk to the main streets and is in a safe area for walking.

Room Tip: The higher up the better, but there is not really much traffic in this area. Kids use the area in fr...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

We stayed a this hotel for three nights. Good location. Quiet area. The only loud sounds were the big groups of kids arriving around 11.30 every night on a school trip. We only had breakfast on one morning because of the high cost and the fact it was a public holiday in Belgium. We did try the bar for dinner. Food ok and service not to bad. I wouldnt have wanted to stay to long as the rooms are basic and the bathrooms are the smallest i have ever used.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Sedgefield, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

Reasonably central (10-15 minutes on foot from Groote Markt). Has the usual predictable Ibis features: smallish but bright and clean rooms. Not ideal for two people for a long stay because too small, but good value for a weekend or for a business traveller needing Internet access and a large working surface.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple