“Cool for kids”
Review of Aquatopia - CLOSED

Aquatopia
More attraction details
Owner description: Aquatopia, opposite the Central Station of Antwerp, is much more than an aquarium. This enchanting oceanarium is showcasing thousands of exotic fish and reptiles in their natural environment. Witness how sharks eat away their prey. Touch a snake. Climb along mangrove roots and be ravished by the colorful coral reefs. In other words, enjoy the adventure!Discover as well our indoor playground and ball pool. Ideal for a short family outing or as a relaxing break in between shopping.
Lasel, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany
“Cool for kids”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

My family enjoyed our visit however it left us desiring more for the price paid. All in all kids liked it and that's what matters.

Visited January 2013

• Polish first
Leuven, Belgium
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Next visit will be in 10 years with children”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

We went there as a couple for our Valentine's Day. It seemed an appealing idea because we decided to do something different, rather cute and romantic. It was one of the options for a "B-day trip" which included entrance as well as the train ticket. And because of our interest in the beauty of the oceans, why not give it a try?

It's not that big, but there's a lot to explore. Next to every fishtank you'll find explanations about the fish, as well about the environmental conditions in open nature. There are fish from everywhere in the world, close here in the Northern Sea until the Pacific Ocean. Beauty is visible, everything is clear and well kept.

Unfortunatly, the place itself wasn't that appealing. It was nicely decorated with plants and de paintings on the wall were ok, but everything was so dusty. Spider webs just everywhere, not just in the corners. I guess there were more spiders around the boxes than inside (lol).
But anyway, this was something you could (and should) ignore. Although the fish were nice, it is not something I would recommend for a Valentine's visit. It's more an attraction for families with children when they're not too young (they would learn more from the information texts). And yes it's nice to just watch them but you'll enjoy it more when you learn something.

I guess I would go back, but not within the next 10 years. It should be with my children. There are a lot nicer places to visit as girlfriend-boyfriend. But it's worth the visit when one has the time.

PS: apologies for the low quality pictures, but the camera was just not made for pictures in the dark...

Visited February 2012
2 Thank Fethora
Hunedoara, Hunedoara, Romania
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Nice aquarium in the center of Antwerp”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Except for the extremely humid atmosphere, everything here was awesome. Entrance fee is 14,50 euros and we got to see lizzards, snakes, sharks, we even found Nemo and all his friends from the movie.

Visited August 2012
4 Thank Denisa B
leeds, uk
94 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 342 helpful votes
“dont waste your money”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

after going to antwerp zoo we came here after buying a package, waste of money!!!
nothing to see, there was more fishes at antwerp zoo
very disappointed

Visited June 2012
4 Thank babyangel2007
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 121 helpful votes
“Good indoor activity”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I visited on a rainy morning, it only took just over an hour to get around, and I felt like it was decent value as I bought a discounted ticket from the Park Inn hotel.
Most of the rooms are themed, to make if feel like you are part of the environment, not just staring at tanks of fish. There are also some interesting lizards and snakes, all in open enclousures so you feel really close to the animals!
I recommend it, but don't expect to spend a long time here.

Visited June 2012