TRYP by Wyndham Antwerp
$93
$253
$147
  • Room Service
Astoria Hotel Antwerp(Antwerp)(Great Value!)
$77
$191
$172
Travelocity
1,169 results
All reviewsfree coffee machinecity centremini barcentral stationtram stopwifi connectioncity triphotel barminute walkwould stay againnice staypublic transportrooms are smallby footparking garagevery nice hotelhotel is situated
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I got a great price for this hotel so I did not expect much but I was surprised by how good it was.
My room was very nice and so comfortable. Free minibar with soda, water and beer, which was a treat. The bathroom was beautiful and immaculately clean. Even the toiletries provided were luxurious so it added up to a very nice stay. It is a bit of a walk from the central station but a very good place to stay and what a wonderful breakfast! Oh, I have to mention that I had some of the best pastries at this hotel. They were freshly baked, warm, sweet and flaky. The service was outstanding in all areas. I really would give this a 5 star if it was just a bit more central.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have a better view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
gmsirplantin, General Manager at TRYP by Wyndham Antwerp, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear,

Thank you very much for your recent stay & positive feedback.
Obviously I'm pleased that you have enjoyed a lovely stay and also very grateful for recommending TRYP by Wyndham Antwerp for the great price-quality ratio.
Hope that we can meet and greet you again very soon and more often when you decide pay a visit us in Antwerp.

Once again many thanks & kind regards,

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Located about 10 to 15 minutes walking from the Antwerp Central Station, this hotel is a good hotel to stay for a city trip. This modern hotel is clean and the breakfast was very decent. There are some restaurants nearby for a good meal in the evening. We booked discount for two nights and got what we expected. The rooms on the street side are a little noisy due to the passing traffic. And the parking garage below the hotel was out of order during our stay, but parking in the neighborhood was okay and not too expensive.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not on the street side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NicolevdWildenberg
gmsirplantin, General Manager at TRYP by Wyndham Antwerp, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear,
Many thanks for your recent stay and honest feedback.
Obviously I'm very pleased you appreciate our good price-quality ratio.
Please feel welcome at TRYP by Wyndham Antwerp in your future travels.
Once again many thanks & kind regards,

Reviewed September 16, 2013

The hotel is a 15 minute walk from Central station. Great location for walking around the centre, zuid and zurenborg.
Clean, well organised rooms with really good beds!
Breakfast was good - a decent buffet as expected.
No complaints.
Only reason this hotel doesn't get an Excellent is that its a bit low on the extras. No restaurant, small bar... not a place to hang out.
Perfect if you only want to sleep and breakfast and the get out and about to see the city.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear,
Thank you for taking your time to write this nice comment about our hotel.
We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially for also recommending our Premium Breakfast.
TRYP by Wyndham Antwerp welcomes you.
Best regards,

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Recently stayed for a few day due to the location by the motorway and the train station. The walk from the train station is in an undeiserible area and would recommend you get a taxi. The parking area around the hotel is all paid so its expensive for 3 days.
Inside the hotel corridors are dark, the bedrooms are in need of housekeeping. You can.t open the windows so the air in the room is always stale. They still use shower curtains which really could be changed. The room is cheap, and you get a free beer and some mineral drinks, but I don,t think I could stay again just for that.. Over all, you get what you pay for, cheap, budget hotel in a terrible location. Disappointing.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Ferdiferdi S

Dear,
Thank you very much for sharing your experiences concerning your apparently disappointing stay.
I regret that you didn't enjoy your stay and would like to apologise for not meeting your expectations. In my opinion we do offer a great price-quality offer at all times, but also agree that the non renovated rooms are in need of a soft refurbishment. I'm pleased to confirm that the soft refurbishment will take place in the coming months.
Always at your service & kind regards,

Reviewed September 12, 2013

6 weeks ago I have the misfortune of booking 8 days in the “Tryp” Hotel in Antwerp. I was competing in the World Out Games and thought the location would be convenient for the train station. Firstly I had some difficulty in finding the hotel as all my booking information was from the “Sir Plantin” hotel. I had to drive around the block twice and eventually went in to the lobby and had to ask is this the “Sir Plantin”? The manager said it was the right hotel, but the name was changed...thanks for letting me know!

I checked into the room and noticed that the shower curtain was soiled, the wall had some chips out of the plaster, you couldn't open the window for fresh air. I don't usually make a big deal of such things as I was only paying €55 per night. I took some photos of the shower as it was leaking all over the floor each time I used it, and I was going to mention it to management, but I could live with it.

(Tuesday) 4 days into my stay I got some devastating news that a family member became very sick, so I had to leave immediately, but I would return on Saturday for one night.

I went to the manager and said I needed to leave urgently but that I would return for Saturday night. I asked him should I take my belongings and he can perhaps resell the room, or could I leave some items. He checked the computer and said “No, leave your items, and I have you in the system as a check out on the Sunday.”

I left my toiletries (Channel Allure Balm, Abercrombie & Fitch shower gel, and many other basic items with a value of around €170, some tram tickets, a t-shirt, some magazines and a few receipts. On my return on the Sat I went to the room only to find everything was taken, and the room was cleaned. I tried to ring reception but the phone didn't work. I went to the lobby and told the receptionist what had happened, and that the phone wasn't working. She told me to dial 900, but the sticker on the phone said dial M1 for reception...

She said she will find out what happened. I had to turn around and buy new toiletries (€30). I waited for 2 hrs and still no word, so I went down and she said that house keeping were coming to sort it out. I asked her when was she going to tell me about it? I had to leave for a dinner engagement.

The next morning my partner went to the lobby to ask if there was any information on my items, the manager said that he was sorry for what happened and please accept 2 free breakfasts...it was 10:20am, breakfast was over at 10:30am so I wonder if he had never gone down would the manager have rang the room to offer the breakfasts? I think not.

I met with him and he said that I could look in a box of other peoples items and see if any were mine. I did manage to retrieve a charger (not my exact one).

Over the past 6 weeks I had to provide statements, photos and numerous accounts of what happened. I was sent the usual template email of how I “apparently” had an unsatisfactory experience, and that I was an “esteemed” guest. Funny how most complaints are met with the same letter.

Today I was sent a mail declaring that my compensation of the breakfast, the wavered city tax of €40, (when infact I only stayed for 5 nights, and 3 nights with my partner which totals €20), was the end of the ordeal and that I was free to take legal action.

Would I stay again. Never. I was told my belongings would be OK, they were removed from my room and I am out of pocket. I never asked for a refund for the nights I didn't stay. Communication was slow from the operations manager and I feel very angry about the way I was treated. There and many other hotels in Antwerp and I would highly suggest you try them.

Room Tip: I honestly couldn't recommend the hotel, not alone a room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank IrishDutch

Dear Sir,

I thank you very much for the time you have taken to write about your experiences that were unfortunately rather negative.
All remarks, good or bad, are a hugh treasure for any chain and manager to learn where and how to improve quality.
However it's important to note that we could not accept liability for the reported disappearance of your belongings as there are not sufficient indications to suspect one of our cleaners of theft.
I will consult my colleagues to research all other points you raised to us and search for constructive ways to further improve our services.

Kind regards,