“Excellent beer bar”

Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Wonderful selection of beer in this small bar next to the Cathedral including 5 on draught

1  Thank EU4

Reviewed May 7, 2012

Visited this bar around lunch time and it wasn't too packed. Mixed clientel, locals families, workers and the odd tourist like myself. Seemed popular with dog walkers. Smallish bar on two levels with sunstantial reasonably priced snacks and a good beer menu. Despite being by the cathedral it wasn too touristy.

1  Thank BigVLondon
Reviewed April 15, 2012

We visited the place twice, once just for drinks and the second for food and drinks. The beer choice is big, as you would imagine from a Belgian bar and there is quite a lot of food on offer as well. I had a feta or greek croque which was more like a feta toastie but was still very nice. Everything was reasonably priced and given the amount of people that we saw coming in to eat it is obviously very popular.

Reviewed December 14, 2011

This bar is always busy and I always regard that as a positive.
Whilst the beer list is amongst the best in town- and I mean up there with the top beer haunts - what amazes me is the food turnover. Whenever I visit, meal after meal is being dispensed from a minuscule area behind the bar. Unsurprisingly, though, the choices are a little limited given the restraints of the kitchen facilities. Expect appetizing Belgian pub grub.
Now I have to say I've not sampled the food; I just don't get beyond the beers.
Locals and my travelling companion assure me that the visit is justified by the food alone.
Take a seat on the terras on a warm day and enjoy your beer in, literally, the shadow of Antwerp's stunning cathedral.
Not to be missed!

Reviewed September 6, 2011

The only noticeable change since our last visit in 2008 is, it is now bright and clean inside and I guess is no longer classified as "A Brown Bar". Smoking is banned, I'm very pleased to write.
Beer is still very much up to standard and remarkably cheap for a city centre bar. They produce some excellent food/beer fodder from a pocket sized kitchen.
Being onle a few metres from the Cathedral it is an ideal place to sit outside and watch the world (and the girls) go by.
The staff, at least all those that we came into contact with are friendly, polite and in general good fun. Why don't you go and see what you think!