“Not a good experience”

Ranked #26 of 38 Dessert in Antwerp
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Lousy service, maybe the waiter had an off-day. But he gave us the feeling he'd rather see us leave, then having us sit down.

Foodwise it was ok, we had pancakes.

We ate and left immediately

1  Thank Nayton C

Reviewed August 14, 2013

food is ok, service not, orders are just thrown on the table, customers need to take their drinks.
only cash is accepted but no tax receipt is available (says enough)

1  Thank Olivier D
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We went on a Tuesday around 1600 and the place had quite a few tables still not cleaned off after the last customers but it's all we could find. On the bar side there was paper trash and silverware on the ground. Not a good sign but I know they're busy being in the Centrum of Antwerpen. I was about to leave but wanted to try since the review I read was good and I was curious. Waitress was not concerned if we took a table, service was a long wait, and food ok. Again waitress was busy but damn remember my drinks! Couldn't wait to get home & write this review. Would not return. Better Gaufres in Brux!!

3  Thank anthony c
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I guess when one is in Belgium, one must have a belgian waffle.

We asked our friends and they pointed us to eat here.

We got there and chose a seat on the street outside the restaurant. There was no english menu but the stewardess was very nice and helped us go through the choices and her recommendations.

Ordered: Tomato Soup (GOOD vegetable soup, no cream), croquette with cheese (OK), savory crepe with ham cheese and egg (Average, quite dry), and of course a belgian waffle with chocolate and ice cream. Our friend liked it so much he asked us to take out some shrimp croquettes for him.

The belgian waffle was the highlight I guess of the meal. This was very nice, light, and crispy at the right places. If I would do it again, I would order extra ice cream to go with it!

Note: they charge .30 cents for use of the toilet (I asked the old lady if I had to pay even if we were customers and she said "OF COURSE EVERYONE!" with wide eyes haha, not in our part of the world lady!) and they don't accept credit card (quite shocking, or maybe because we chose to sit on the street?) Good thing we had cash. Also left a tip since the waitress was very pleasant and helpful.

I would go back for the waffles.

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

I always come here everytime I come to Antwerp. Favourites include prawn cocktail salad, omelettes, toast with champignons and a new discovery today: apple donuts. HEAVEN. They charge for toilets (a mere 30c) but who doesn't? It means they are CLEAN. Love it here.

2  Thank FoodieClaireBlog