“Enjoyable stay in the heart of the city”
Review of Hotel Les Nuits

Hotel Les Nuits
Ranked #23 of 73 Hotels in Antwerp
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Great location in the heart of the city, close to the shops and the sights. Rooms good size, but didn't care for the nothing to hide aspect, why bother?
Bed was comfortable, and decent temperature in the room, but window was taped shut & the shower leaked.
Also no tea, coffee or breakfast...and it was hardly a bargain. Underwhelmed

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed at les Nuits for our 1 year anniversary. When we arrived, we were greeted by very friendly staff at the reception. They gave us all the information we inquired for, and as requested, there was a bottle of cava in the room. A good start for our romatic weekend. The room was decorated nicely and was very comfortable. And the bed!! It was FANTASTIC! Like sleeping on a cloud. We had some roomservice from their restaurant (bar cesar) and the fish was well cooked, and the burger was amazing. The breakfast the next moring was good, buffet style. When we checked out, the friendliness of the staff, again, overwhelmed me. When we asked to call a taxi, the immediatly did so. If you are looking for hotel with great service, this is the one you want!!

Room Tip: the nothing to hide room
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Impossible to imagine anything much worse. The worst, rank smell greeted us as we entered our room, which was all black and with very little light, making it difficult to see in the mirror. Or that is, it would have been difficult to see in the mirror if there had been a mirror. But there wasn't.

Nor was it possible to open the window to air out the room and the nauseating stench. (And there were no other rooms available, we were told, so no option to change rooms.) We were stuck.

But wait: there's more. There was also NO DOOR TO THE TOILET. Yes, folks, we had the joyful experience of being able to sit on the toilet in full view of one another, and not only that, but in view, too, of the neighbors, since you could see straight to the window from the WC, which therefore meant keeping the curtains shut (thereby allowing even less light into the dark room).

On top of the lack of a mirror, the lack of a WC door, and the stink, there is also nothing separating the shower from the rest of the bathroom. Hence water goes absolutely everywhere. Fortunately, I had NOT brought my clothes in to the bathroom so I could dress immediately on stepping out of the shower, or my leather skirt would have been completely ruined, and I was able to caution my husband not to bring his suit in either.

And if this lack of anything weren't enough, there is also NO MINIBAR. No, no, they explained at reception, we have room service. Well, yes, but if you just want a glass of wine and a package of nuts or chips, too bad. And room service, which is not available to bring coffee at 7 am, ends at 10 pm. This is also when they close the front door to the hotel and there is no one, absolutely no one, available in the event of an emergency, or to schedule a wakeup call, or anything else, for that matter. Which means the list of things missing now includes PERSONNEL.

There was, however, in addition to the stink in the room, noise. All the music from the crappy bar downstairs rose right up to our room. Like it or not. Fortunately, we were out for the evening, so by the time we returned, it had closed. Had we wanted to get to sleep early, however, we'd have been out of luck.

In the morning, breakfast. Think "airline." Everything is pre-measured and prepackaged, from the fruit salad (in a glass) to the butter (in a tiny bowl) to the cheese (sliced brie in a dish covered with plastic wrap). Want a glass of water? You'll have to ask for it - it is not served along with everything else. Milk in your cereal? Ask and wait.

I've stayed in $50/night dives that were infinitely better than this. Someone needs to shut this place down.

Room Tip: choose a different hotel
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank uchti
Cloe_1986, Director of Sales at Hotel Les Nuits, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear,
I'm very sorry to hear that you didn't like your stay at our hotel. I want to send you my sincere apologies but I would also like to clear some things:
> Normally all windows can be opened but unfortunately the one in your room was broken and it needs to be replaced. Unfortunately this takes a while as we need to order a new window. I understand that this was not pleasant so please accept our apologies.
> It's correct that there is no door to the toilet (this is only in a few rooms) but it's not in front of a window and our neighbors cannot see you. Our 'Just Friends' rooms and 'Cosy Sleeping' rooms all have a separate toilet with a door.
> Your room has a beautiful walk-in shower with a large rain shower. As it has no door, it might happen that there is water running out of the shower.
> It's correct that we don't have a minibar as we serve room service 24/7, it's not from 7AM until 10PM, we serve it all day and all night long. We chose to not install a minibar as we think it's nicer to bring our guests a cold glass of white wine in the right glass.
> There is somebody working in the hotel every day, 24/7. During the day we have the reception staff and the restaurant staff who are working from 7AM until midnight. At night we have a night guard who is taking care of late checkins, room service, internet access codes, wake-up calls, ... If you need anything, you can just call the reception and he will help you with whatever you may need. The main entrance closes automatically after 10PM for safety reasons. All hotel guests can enter the hotel by using their key card. In case this doesn't work, you just have to ring the doorbell and the night guard will open the door.
> Our restaurant is on the first floor and it's a place where people can have a drink or have dinner in nice and cosy atmosphere. I'm sorry that the lounge music bothered you.
> I'm sorry to hear that you didn't like the small glass jars on our breakfast buffet. All little jars are filled with fresh products so nothing is prepackaged. We use the small jars as we think it's more hygienic than putting large bowls with fruit salad on the buffet and everything stays longer fresh like this.

Again my apologies for the bad experience at our hotel. Please let me know if there is anything we can do to make this unfortunate experience a bit better.

Kind regards,
Hotel Les Nuits

Reviewed September 26, 2013

I have reviewed this hotel before and friends have booked this property on their visit to Antwerp, it is a very nice hotel stylish but our room this time was a bit too dark and not spotless as expected
I still think that they need to do something about the street entrance but overall location is the best in town
We did not like the restaurant food was not great which I was surprised
We will stay there again because it is very convenient for shopping but we will make sure that we get a different room

Room Tip: I do not like dark room with black carpet and this trip we got this room I believe it was on the top...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I spent 3 nights at this beautiful hotel on a very nice location in Antwerp. The rooms are beautifully decorated, with many wonderful details giving them a personal touch.

Very good and nice smelling products in the bathroom.

The breakfast was not huge, but really high quality (they would squeeze oranges for you and boil your egg the way you want it). Good choice of granola, fruit, pastry.

Very nice and helpful staff.

The restaurant is highly recommended.

Would love to be back.

Room Tip: Can be noisy from the trams until midnight, if noise sensitive ask for a room on the other side.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2013

For the second time in 2 years we stayed at "Hotel les Nuits".
The first time we had our wedding at "Horta" and as an extra we got our weddingnight for free in a suite at "Hotel les nuits".
Because of our very short night last year (party !!) we wanted to visit the hotel once more, exactly one year later...
Without asking anything, the management searched up wich room we had stayed in last year and booked the same suite for us.
It's those small things that are nice and warm and give that little bit of extra...

Last year "Flamant" was still situated in the building but now they have mooved and another store opened the doors.
Fortunatly the style of the rooms/suites has not changed and the service is still impeccable.

The hotel is situated in the nice part of Antwerp nearby lots of shops, bars and restaurants.
Nearby you find parking accomodation so you can leave your car behind and explore the city-center by foot. "Meir" is the most known street to shop but is verry commercial. The better stores you find in the other streets closeby (Hopland, Huidevettersstraat,...). In front of the hotel you find "verso", a very large store with designer-clothes and a nice bar to sit and relax after your shopping.

It is no problem to explore Antwerp by foot because the most "must sees" are situated close to each other. Certainly go to : Groenplaats, het Zuid, grote markt, onze lieve vrouwekathedraal, Nationalestraat, centraal station, 't Eilandje, MAS, 't steen, de Kaaien, Kloosterstraat (antiques), Hoogstraat, Kammenstraat, Suikerrui and many more...

The breakfast in the hotel is good and you find all that you want.
The airconditioned rooms are very spacious, well equipped and nicely decorated. The bathrooms are very stylish as well (rainshower and bath in the suites). Wifi was free in our suite, probably in every room. Small downside: no fridge or safe.

Conclusion: lovely hotel with excellent location and service.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Had a great stay overall!!

My partner and I went there for a quick break and stayed 3 nights. We booked a ''Nothing to hide'' room via there website. And as silly as it may sound the name ''nothing to hide'' did not ring a bell, as I thought it was merely a name quite in line with the other room names. Upon check-in we discovered the beautiful open bathroom in the room. Unfortunately the toilet was also open, hence the name ''Nothing to Hide''. As much as I like my partner, I would not want her to see me do what nature intended me to do on the toilet. I went down to the reception and spoke to a really helpful young lady named Maxine (or Maxiem). I kindly asked if there were any other rooms availabe and would be glad to be the extra amount, as the open toilet was not my thing. She dropped everything immediately and informed me, with the greatest smile, that she had two other options and was more then willing to show them to me (the kind of service I like to see as a paying customer). We quickly found a room we like and within 5 minutes it was ready for us to move into.

The hotel is a mere 5 minute walk from the main shoppingstreet (Meir) as well as the busy square called Gruunplaats.

Everyhting is reachable within walking distance.

The room was very well equipped and most of all had a luxurious feel to it (decoration wise). The auping bed made for some great night rest. Further more the bathroom was stunning, with beautiful mirror doors that opened.

All in all an lovely hotel, with splendid service.

Room Tip: If going by car, make sure you park at Parking Nationale Bank, it is a 5 minute walk from the hotel...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple