“Very pleasant surprise”

Cuisines: Barbecue, Belgian, French, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We just walked in this restaurant last weekend (visiting Belgium from London) because it started raining and we had to find a place quickly. The restaurant is very close to the cathedral so we were afraid it would be a touristy place, which it may be, but it was very nice. The service was friendly and efficient, the interior is cozy and warm (good lighting!). The food is typical Belgian. Our portions were huge, we could not really finish it up. If you order the mixed grill, better be very hungry - it is enough for 2. We paid 55 EUR for 2 with beer, and a bottle of house wine!

Reviewed May 17, 2012

Small and cosy restaurant with a mezzanine floor, friendly staff, not so expensive, but most important...... the food is absolutely fabulous!
It is the sort of place you walk by ten times a day in Antwerp, but I would strongly recommend that you don't just walk on by, call in and try it ( booking in advance strongly advised) !
Try the rack of lamb, it is heavenly !!!!

Reviewed May 13, 2012

This was my third time here. I had tuna - perfectly cooked and my partner had the mixed grill, which she said was excellent. two deserts, a bottle of excellent Spanish House Reda nd a botthle of sparkling water amounted to €71. Excellent value and well recommended. This is avery small restaurant so you should reserve your table on the weekend. This being said, the 3 times I have been here have all been without a reservation.

Reviewed April 1, 2012

Busy in evenings - arrive early-ish and/or book. Welcoming, helpful staff who will explain the menu if you need help. Helpings are very generous and you will not need a starter unless you are very hungry. We found the sea-bass en papillote especially good, but other wonderful-looking things kept passing us on their way to other tables. The mezzanine floor upstairs is cosy, and quieter than downstairs, but on some evenings it could become uncomfortably hot. This is a restaurant where (a bit unusual for Belgium I think) they won't just assume that you want chips, they will offer you a jacket potato if you prefer. Desserts rich and delicious - slimmers beware!

Reviewed March 12, 2012

This is the sort of restaurant you walk past on a cold night and long to go into - it is cosy, inviting and stylish. It s very small with tiny wooden tables to eat from and two storeys of tables, which many restaurants in Antwerp seem to offer. The staff are friendly and speak good English. Food comes mainly in the form of meat and fish. You may be able to eat fries if you are vegetarian but other than that it is best to probably, er, go elsewhere! I do not eat meat but eat fish so there was a sufficient selection for me, even more so for my carnivorous husband who ate beef cooked in a leffe sauce. My victoria bass (similiar to sea bass) was perfectly baked in the oven with tomatoes, capers, olives and anchovies and served with the Belgian staple food of fries. Cosy, tasty and a delightful find.