“Worth trying”

Dining options: Reservations
Antwerpen
“Worth trying”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

A local magazine had reviewed Le John and allocated 3/5 mainly because of time. Allegedly they had had to wait for too long. Admittedly, when you go out for a dinner, things have to go very fast for everyone.
Between arrival and leaving, we had fingerfood, starters and main course, and we hardly spent two hours, so not sure what the review was about. In fact, I reckon this venue is one of the nicest ones in town for a nice evening out. Perhaps more suited music might be needed.

My starter, mozzarella with wild mushrooms, iberico and tomate was delicious to such an extent that there was indeed a mild explosion of senses in my mouth, despite the slightly obsolete mozzarella. However nice the main course was, the taste of wild boar did not manage to get on top of the other ingredients, which was a real pity.

Le John is definitely worth the try, I would rank it closer to very good if it would not have been for that wild boar and for one of the waitresses drinking from the bottle while in the kitchen, but in plain sight of customers.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Emiel_Gusto

Milan, Lombardia, Italy
“best in town”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

i have not found a better option in town for a general top note. the food is good. the wine list as well. the design of the place is clever, cosy and elegant. the smokers lounge is fantastic for extended dinners. the service is polite and attentif.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Lidia C
Leeds, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I wanted to love it...but..”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

The food really was stunning, fine dining I understand and appreciate but the portions really were Too small, not rich enough.
We had drinks in the small bar upstairs afterwards where we had asked them to bring our coffees- after waiting a good 30 minutes we had to go and remind them..
To be honest I genuinely think a couple people had called in sick as they looked tremendously short staffed so that would possibly explain any glitches we encountered..
Like I said, I wanted to love it....but it just didn't have the WOW I was expecting

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Isobel B
Antwerpen
“Without any doubt the best restaurant in town”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Cosy, small restaurant with fantastic smokers lounge. They serve greaaaat oysters and the service is impeccable and very friendly. Quite expensive but worth every penny. I would reccommend this restaurant to everybody.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank JosefienBW
The Hague
“Food with love and attention”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Almost plain white and modern restaurant with friendly staff and most important: great food. Just the right atmosphere to enjoy your food and company. Loved their risotto with truffle. Worth every euro :-).

• Visited September 2012