“Highly recommended for your enemies”
Review of I Famosi

I Famosi
Ranked #8 of 29 Dessert in Antwerp
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Antwerp, Belgium
“Highly recommended for your enemies”
Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Returned here for a second visit last weekend since my first trip to I Famosi was overall good. Unfortunately that wasn't the case this time round.
We were seated in the back room which, thanks to the water feature , unfortunately smells like a dirty fish thank. Next to that, there really are too many tables in this room which makes for you being forced to enjoy your neighbor's conversations and vice versa.
But If only that.
After having to wait for more than one hour after our first course, for our main dish, what arrived wasn't worth the wait at all. The pasta with truffle wasn't bad but not notable at 25€. The pasta with Ragú however, proved a real nightmare. The whole thing was fiercely over spiced, which later turned out was probably an effort to mask the rancid taste as my partner spent the whole night over the toilet.
Wasn't worth it's pricy bill at the moment and certainly isn't worth paying for all night after either.

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank Britt V

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
The Netherlands
“italian class!”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Such a wonderful atmosphere, such lovely (and efficient) staff and such delicious food!
We went there (3 friends) to celebrate a birthday of one of us. We felt very welcome from the start, they gave us all the time we needed to decide. We got fireworks, a waiter in a funny wig and a song for my friend with the desert. The food was very good and there was more than enough of it. Especially with the desserts we wished that we could fit more into our bellies, but there is only so much space :)
The price is reasonable, a bit more than some italian restaurants, but the experience is very worth it.

If you ever are in Antwerp, I hope you find time to visit I Famosi, but to avoid disappointment book a table in advance :)

Antwerp, Belgium
“Great food, excellent service, good atmosphere”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Have been to I Famosi a few times and (so far) it was never disappointing. Brought my friends from The Netherlands to try the best Italian restaurant in Antwerp and they agree. The service was very nice, the food was excellent (my friends from Italy would definitely approve) and the atmosphere was great. It is located about 7min walk from Groenplaats. In the weekend, it is recommended to make a reservation (got a table in the veranda without asking so that's nice). Go try it out!

Antwerp, Belgium
“One of the best restaurants in the city”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Excellent service and delicious food.
Yesterday it was my second time and I left again with good impressions. I need to point out that the use of salt by the chef is a bit over my taste but still the result was marvelous. If you go there to eat and drink to enjoy it with first and main dish(since the portions are small) then the price should be around 40euro.

“Excellent Italian Food”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I visited this restaurant a few times, and I love it!

Don't visit this if you are looking for a regular pizza. This is for tasting great Italian dishes and wines.

It is not the cheapest restaurant, but the concept is a succes.

• Visited February 2013