“Excellent italian restaurant”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed May 4, 2013

The food was delicious, made from ingredients for many imported directly from Italy. I know this because the chef, Fabio, came to talk to us and make sure everything was going ok. This leads us to the atmosphere, which had that friendly italian touch you hope to find in that type of restaurant.
In a nutshell : delicious food, great service, charming atmosphere. Can't wait to go back

There are newer reviews for I Famosi

Reviewed May 3, 2013

We enjoyed a very nice evening in this cosy restaurant which apparently caries it's name because of the many hand-painted fresco's of famous Italian movie stars. Excellent Cozze e Vongole starter followed by mouth watering Veal cutlets with a truffle porcini sauce. We chose the red house wine, Tasari Sicili €19,50, which is really great value for such a nice tasting wine.
Service was amiable in a very relaxed way and they make you feel as if you are part of La Famiglia almost immediately.

3  Thank Patrick B
Reviewed April 25, 2013

If 3.5 stars would exisit on Tripadvisor, I would rate this place 3.5 stars exactly. It was better than average because of the friendly staff and the authentic italian atmosphere. The food was good but there were some small things that keep me from raving about this place.

First of all, the noise. As the restaurant fills up it gets very noise. One would call it a cozy business but we found it a bit excessive. Further, the tables are also put very closely together, our table was for instance against another table with another group. It didn't bother us too much, but this is not the place to have a nice chat with friends about your inner most secrets.

Then the food. We all took pasta which is of course not a main meal for italians so the portion was quite small. Our mistake of course, but maybe for future guests to be kept in mind.
The pasta was good honest food but nothing extraordinary. Maybe this is also not needed, I would have been happy with a tiny bit more.

Would I recommend this restaurant: yes but not if you want some sort of nice intimate dining.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

The menu is great, good kwality. But it's a bit expensive and it's very business. Waited 2 hours on main dish (luckely we had good appetizers)

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We decided to come here to celebrate a birthday and we were very impressed from the moment we stepped in. The decore was very unique with all the pictures on the wall. The staff greeted us with a warm welcome and led us to our table. From the time we sat down to the time we left we were well taken care of. The food was very good and like the other reviews stated very traditional Italian food. You could taste the quality and time that was put into the food! The staff even had sung Happy Birthday to the group!! Very nice experience and a definite return.