“Highly recommended”

Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 7, 2013

The location of the restaurant, on top of the MAS is beautiful and the dinner and service are just excellent. The full course dinner with wines is pretty expensive but worth evenry bit.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I must admit that before visiting this restaurant I had never even heard of it. While visiting the MAS building I stumbled upon a door with a sign to ring for the restaurant 't Zilte (which, I guess would best translate to The Silt). Upon ringing, being slightly hungry an lunchtime approaching, I was informed by a charming hostess that lunch was reservation only and asked if I realized that this was a two-star restaurant. After mentioning that - in that case - I was looking forward to an excellent lunch and maybe they could squeeze me in somewhere, solo visitors take up less space. And I was lucky: there was still one table unbooked. And there, overlooking Antwerp harbor to the North, I have enjoyed one of the best lunches I ever had. Very well balanced, creatively cooked, beautifully arranged, expertly served and accompanied by the better champagnes, wines and a very nice porto with the cheeses. Very friendly and most agreeable. My hostess was kind enough to inquire wether everything had been satisfactory. And I told her that it had been a most unexpected but utterly agreeable experience and that I would tell it to the world. So hereby.
Incidentally, I have no doubt that, had 't Zilte stood in France, it would have been awarded three stars. It definitely is worth a special visit. But you know the French

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Sorry for stealing (repeating) an other reviewer's titel, but it is spot on .

I wright this review quite some time after having been there for dinner. The reason is, that I remembered the excellent experience while writing a (less enthousiastic) review of another (one Michelin Star) restaurant.
't Zilte was a real wauw-experience. Really one of the best gastronomy experiences ever and certainly the best in ANtwerp. A diner is an all evening event. The location is fantastic Food and wine perfect. Service is very professional without any failure. Of course you will pay the price!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

The team of topchef Viky Geuns is delivering an extraordinairy experience. It is normal that they own two michelin stars. A whole evening of surprises, nice exquise food, superb wines, .. and that bread tray (never seen elsewhere before) , and the cheese tray ... I urgently want to book again as soon as possible! And then, its location; it is on the topfloor of the newest museum of Antwerp with a superb view on the city or the river.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

If you ever come to visit Antwerp, then this is one of the restaurants you should go to. It's location is wonderful: the top floor of the MAS museum. The interior is modern but pleasant and comfortable and the views are stunning (on a clear day). The open plan kitchen gave us the opportunity to see chef Viki Geunes at work. With our glass of champagne the friendly staff served us six different little dishes which gave us high hopes for the seven course menu that was to come. And indeed, every course of the menu was a picture to look at and even better to eat. The wines that came with every course were also very good. At the end of the meal the waiter told us that we could go for the cheese trolley instead of the dessert which we did (as we both don't really have a sweet tooth). This however will cost you extra). All in all, for those of you who like fine dining, a must.