“There were other choices apart from the meat but.. ”
Review of De Peerdestal

De Peerdestal
Reserve a Table
Mon, 10/14
8:00 PM
Ranked #134 of 1,866 Restaurants in Antwerp
Cuisines: Belgian, French, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Our famous Belgian cuisine restaurant in the middle of historical Antwerp, over 45 years the place to be for locals and visitors from Antwerp. The restaurant has a breathtaking atmosphere with jazzy music, romantic lights and special artistic interior. We serve daily fresh products like oysters, lobsters, dry aged meat dried in our restaurant, goose liver, sweetbread and many more. Fish and meat lovers will enjoy a great meal in a great atmosphere. For business lunch, romantic dinner for two or having a nice evening out with friends Restaurant De Peerdestal will be suitable for you.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Went with a colleague who liked horse meat, I've never eaten it in my life and won't ever start. Tightly packed restaurant with little elbow room, like so many.I ordered fish, dile to be precise. When it arrived it was swimming in oil and although it looked large, there wasn't much to actually eat...must have been on a diet. It came with dry fries and a poor attempt of a salad. Didn't feel that I'd been served with a decent meal for the price.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (639)

Reviewed August 5, 2019

I especially searched out this restaurant because of the ris de veau. The ambiance is lovely as is the presentation however, the sweetbreads were overcooked and dry, and the carrot soup quite bland. I was also really out of by the waiter with attitude. I stood in the doorway for a good ten seconds while he looked directly at me and said nothing. I finally asked if they were open. He told me they were. Then I had to ask if I should seat myself. His arrogance was really not justified. The attached photo is not of the waiter

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed July 31, 2019 via mobile

We were with a group and had arranged for a preset meal. It was way too much food and it was excellent. We started with a cheese croquette with a salad. Some of us thought it was the main course. It was followed by beef chunks in a delightful bourdelaise sauce and excellent fries. The dessert was an excellent apple torte. Service was excellent. All in our group had a great time.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed July 18, 2019

We visited this restaurant for lunch, when we were looking to eat shellfish. The restaurant is known for its meat but the fish was good. Service was dedicated and we felt very welcome. For dinner, a reservation is definitely advised.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed July 13, 2019

Booked a table for a family celebration. Got a table in the quiet street and was during the whole meal guided by an attentive and sweet waiter. The food was just excellent. The flow of the courses just right. A supreme experience.

Date of visit: June 2019