“Did see any pizza there.”

Pizzeria del Sud Classico
Ranked #1,191 of 1,623 Restaurants in Antwerp
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 15, 2013

They probably have the name changed. Anyway when in Belgium I eat their local food and it is mussels and not pizza. And the mussels were, still, not big enough to be eaten.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

My review may be coloured by the fact that I was enjoying a lovely day in the beautfiul old city of Antwerp and the restaurant itself may be nothjing special, but i really enjoyed my meal of pasta here, sitting outside in the warm evening sunshine, facing the Cathedral, with half a carafe of house red wine. I thought the prices were quite fair, the service was pleasant and the view was amazing.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Thought would try this as looked quiet and not your normal tourists place and early evening. Main course was veal with like a madeira sauce (something like that). Just needed a punch to the meal. Pasta was fresh and lovely. Trouble was when I went for desert nothing looked interesting so went for a sherry which made me feel ill as they kept it in a fridge and was adamant that since I was from England I knew nothing about sherry which they insisted should be kept in a fridge as European style (rubbish)

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We went there for dinner with our two kids. The waiters were stressed and rushed. The food was very ordinary, frozen calamari rings and dry, tough ribs. The pizza was ok. The location is nice, on the cathedral square. When we complained about the ribs, the manager dismissively said 'We have been here 20 years!'. The ribs looked like they had been there 8 of those years. Typical restaurant that survives on one time visits from tourists.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

This was reasonable food at a reasonable price in a very nice setting. We had grilled salmon and grilled prawns - both were very nice. The salmon was served in a Bernaise sauce which was unusual. The staff are italian and the food is genuine.