“One of our favorite restaurants in Antwerp”
Review of Dock's

Dock's
Reserve with
Dock's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 1,497 Restaurants in Antwerp
Cuisines: French, Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Fresh produce, the best quality.
French cuisine, but also fusion elements.

Professional staff, excellent wines.

Great for business meetings, dining with friends, or couples.

Dock's never fails. Truly excellent restaurant.

There are newer reviews for Dock's

Reviewed May 26, 2013

It’s clear to me that Dock’s café isn’t what it used to be. Still fully booked but based on past 20 years reputation and not on current performance.
I had the homemade shrimpcakes (garnaalkroketten) that were far below average. It’s possible that these were home made, but that would make it only worse for the kitchen. And yes I know how they are supposed to taste when they are “homemade”.
As main course I had sole meuniere. The menu said 1/2 which indicates the size you may expect, but it was a much smaller one, with the price of a big one. 41€ just for a small sole is exaggerated in a bistro. The frits that came with it weren’t cooked properly, they tasted as only backed once and not 2 times as they are supposed to.
Luckily enough we were in good company and the average Dock’s experience didn’t spoil the evening.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Convenient location overlooking the "Schelde". I had a business lunch, and it was perfect. We had some oysters as a starter and scallops with risotto. I can recommend both dishes. Well done, and keep up the good work.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Looking at the menu, Dock's seems like a fine location to enjoy some high quality food so I had dinner there to give them a try. The atmosphere of the place is good but I hasten to say there were not too many other patrons, can easily imagine it being loud else.

I had a shrimp sushi starter (what I actually received was a kind of sashimi rather than sushi but ok) and grilled steak as main course. The starter was, frankly, disappointing and quite tasteless. Steak was a nice chunk of beef and expertly grilled and very tasty. Problem was, I had ordered it with boiled potatoes in stead of with fries. My dining partner received a huge portion of fries with his steak, I had to wait 15 minutes before the potatoes materialised. The vegetables served on the side are merely decorative and not really tasty, if you want to get something substantial in terms of accompaniments I would recommend ordering a specific side dish. Some issues I have: a) service was sloppy (e.g the potato story) and you had to frantically try to attract the staff's attention when you needed anything, they just don't pay attention else. b) nice steak..but they don't give you a steak knife. Luckily I carry my own extremely sharp pocket knife. c) price/quality wise they're just too expensive for what you get although the food is certainly not bad in absolute terms. They should think about their market position and either go down the bistro way with prices that are 10-20% lower or choose to offer 'real' restaurant service but in that case the service level offered by the staff should be seriously improved upon.

Summary: a bit sloppy, good food but a tad too expensive for what you get. Would I visit again? Probably not, at the price point in question I can get better overall value in Antwerp.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Very nice, good reception downstairs, always good for a appetizer. The Prosecco was good but nothing more.
We took the Menu Du Patron +-24€ and for this amount you get 3 courses, wine/beer not included. The soup was just great, the sardines as the main dish was realy a nice alternative to the expensive fish menu's. We had Smoel Bru beer from Antwerp and that was a tastefull accompagnement of those sardines. For finishing we took the dessert, ice included. Some sault flavours to contrast with the taste of all the sweets, worked just well for me.
Business people enjoyed the evening on the other tables, but a little noisy after all.