“trendy pizza place”

Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
“trendy pizza place”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Well located in the center of town this usually crowded trendy italian restaurant is the first and oldest in a row of three of the same owner - nice space decorated with contemporary art - bad acoustic - classical but real italian dishes - authentic pizza's - pastas al dente - great wines of Sardinia - friendly service - a good value.

• Visited April 2013

Brussels, Belgium
“Great Pasta and Pizzas”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Been here a few times for lunch and never been disappointed. They serve thin slivers of hot cooked pizza dough to whet your appetite: absolutely delicious dipped in virgin olive oil! The pizzas are crisp and thin and hand-made. The pasta dishes are truly scrumptious: unlike a lot of Italian restaurants in Belgium they serve their pasta truly al dente. Wine selection is also good: I'm especially partial to their wonderfully dark and rich Nero d'Avola. Never had dinner here but if lunch is anything to go, I imagine it's great. Decor is simple, clean, white and modern.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Megahose
Antwerp, Belgium
“Excellent Italian food in a modern setting”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We have been there twice, because we find the food tasty and excellent (desserts included), price is OK for pasta and pizza, and the service is quite friendly. Location in the city is tops, with very easy access by any kind of transportation. Contemporary design and modern Italian kitchen. They make pizza in an authentic oven on wood, and you can see the cooks at work in their kitchen. Avoid busy times, the acoustic in the back room is really terrible (at all times, conversation may be a bit difficult), and the front is freezing in winter and more or less reserved for fast pizza people.

Antwerp, Belgium
“Not only Pizza and no Arte”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Located on the renewed pedestrian Suikerrui in the middle of the old center, this restaurant is well located to enjoy Italian food. The interior looks trendy and promising according to many recommendations. The modern interior is not really creating a warm atmosphere and if you're unfortunate to sit near the entrance, you'll freeze or re-arrange the curtain whenever people come in or leave the place. When it comes to food I had a great squid Carpaccio. the pasta vongole was too spicy, the vongole was overcooked... a bitter disappointment. The dessert was a sorbet, well presented but nothing special. Service was gentle and professional. Considering the price and the quality, I will not return to this place. There are better Italian experiences in the Antwerp area. (Read my other comments). The trattoria next door looks nice and inviting...I'll try it out and have some dolce Italia at home.

Charlottetown, PEI
“Not sure what happened here...”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Went to this restaurant based on a recommendation from Hotel Julien, claiming it was the best Italian around. The food was OK, but the service is where I came away with a bad taste in my mouth. We both ordered pizzas and only finished half. Up until then, the wait times for our food were pretty typical of a european restaurant. When the waiter came to pick up the food we asked to take the leftovers with us. And then we were forgotten. I know that many will say that this is what restaurant staff do in Europe...and I would have possibly believed this...except that we counted at least 4 other couples that had arrived after us and left before us. And we were seated right next to the kitchen, with our waiter coming in and out constantly...and looking straight at us on several occasions!!! My husband had long finished his beer and water and there were no offers to replenish either. And so we waited. Finally after what must have been 40-50 minutes (after our main course was finished), he arrives with the dessert menu. At that point, we were done. We asked for the bill and left the restaurant without dessert (an extreme rarity for me) or our leftover pizza. My husband tipped 5 euros, and only because I felt guilty leaving nothing.