“Unexpected delight”
Review of Kee Lun Palace

Kee Lun Palace
Reserve with
Kee Lun Palace is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #123 of 1,374 Restaurants in The Hague
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Zuidwal
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is now my favorite Chinese restaurant in The Hague. I discovered it by chance, but ever since, I go there when I crave real Chinese food. The place is always full, but friendly staff will try to find an extra table to accommodate hungry patrons. Food offered in this restaurant, compared to other Chinese restaurants in the city, is on par with good restaurants in Hong Kong or Macao. The menu is, kindly enough, adorned with photos of dishes and bilingual description in English and Dutch. There is a variety of delicacies which would never disappoint even the most frequent visitor. Service is proverbially fast and efficient. The best really comes at the end when, after a delightful meal, you get a very decent bill which leaves most visitors pleasantly surprised. The restaurant is located in the local China Town, close to the shopping area of the city center and is a perfect place to go to after exhausting stroll through the department stores near by.

1  Thank blagomeni

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Make sure you ask for the free dessert at the end (Weekdays only)! We got yummy tapioca soup to cap off our lovely dinner. Notable mention: Peking duck. Great value for the quality and authenticity of the food.

4  Thank channible
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Following my disastrous experience at Ming Dynasty I decided to give this place a try since it was located just a few minutes walk from my hotel. The restaurant's decor is something typically chinese and as a previous reviewer has commentated one gets the feel of being segregated by being seated at the front of the restaurant, close to the door, whilst Chinese clientele are seated at the rear part of the restaurant.
The staff at hand were not overly friendly but not rude. The menu is in English and has photo references for each dish which make things very simple to understand and order.
For starters I opted for the Crab meat and corn soup which was good but could have done with a spice element since it was verging on sweet. I added some chili from the side containers and it tasted great. I then had three types of dim sum. These were steamed prawn dumplings, pork in green peppers and chicken. They were all excellent and very tasty.
The prices are not prohibitive in the least, on the contrary I found them very reasonable.

3  Thank Trevordg
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We live in Haarlem, where there is no decent food in general, let alone Chinese. I used to go to the Oriental City in Amsterdam for my dim sum for a few dishes they have made better than the other restaurants I have tried. Now... I am fan of this Kee Lun Palace, of course until I have tried the "better one" in Rotterdam.

One of the review below calling this a Taiwanese restaurant, I think he/she made a mistake. The name is spelled in Cantonese and there is nothing Taiwanese about the menu.

We arrived on Sunday, rather late for lunch hours but the place was fairly full. I am not sure what atmosphere the other posts were talking about... is a very affordable Chinese restaurant so it comes with standard decoration if there is any.

I was very happy to see that 70% of the clientele were Asian/Chinese. We ordered a couple of typical dim sums that we like, I think it's better than the average dim sum restaurants I have eaten in South East Asia. I have had once or twice eaten dim sum in HK, I think the food is on par with HK standard. We wanted to order the peking/crispy duck but they only serve whole/half which is a bit too much for two persons. We will return with more friends to try more dishes.

Our bill came to about Euro32 for a plate of loh mai kai, siew mai, mixed fan cheung, shrimp and scallop dim sum, big bowl of porridge, xiao long bao, vietnamese roll and a pot of tea. The porridge being Euro8 I find rather expensive while the rest are very cheap.

Did not visit the toilet. Service was rather efficient and good. Not sure about the rest of complains about bad service, we had spoken to 3-4 different servers and they are very responsive and efficient.

2  Thank MyTasteHisTaste
Reviewed December 8, 2012

A Cantonese style Chinese restaurant with wide variety of dim-sum specialties and Chinese dishes. We frequently go there to have out lunch, and the price is also acceptable, around 8-15 euros p.p. At weekends however, it will be fully seat at lunch hour, so be sure to make reservation early. The waiters are okay, but a few times we had experience with impolite response.

1  Thank LJ_Lim